2001 dodge 24valve no oil pressure - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 24V Forums > 98.5-02 Powertrain
98.5-02 Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect..NO ADVERTISING .

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 10:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
You betcha, glad to be of help! I know when my sensor went out, I unplugged it and plugged it back in and it worked for a short period of time, then quit again. Since I replaced the sensor I've had no issues.

And to give credit where it's due, I linked the diagram from mopar1973man's website

-Paul
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2009, 11:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
Rescue Tower

Thanked 1,816 Times in 1,324 Posts
Download a shop manual. You will need it somewhere down the road. It's not very often these engines loose oil pressure, but man that's a big risk to take. Even used engines are not cheap to buy.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:13 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Where's the cheapest place i can pick this sensor up?
Old 11-01-2009, 03:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
Rescue Tower

Thanked 1,816 Times in 1,324 Posts
Check with your local auto parts stores. Nothing special about the sending unit.
Old 11-01-2009, 03:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I just spoke to a buddy of mine who is a good mechanic,He said to replace the oil pressure sending unit, is that the same as the oil pressure sensor just different terms???

Last edited by xx_lethal.error_xx; 11-01-2009 at 04:08 PM.
xx_lethal.error_xx is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-01-2009, 06:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Diesel Head

samething, different names
Old 11-01-2009, 06:52 PM   #19 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I found the oil pressure sensor on this website Cummins 24 Valve Parts
Price is $88.20 , this would be the part i need correct?Its near the bottom of the page.
Old 11-05-2009, 05:31 PM   #20 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Finally got the new oil pressure sensor today.First off, didnt have the right size socket to take the old sensor off nor to install the new 1, picked up the socket to install the new 1 which is 1 /16 deep socket for oil pressure sensors.Turns out that socket does Not fit the stock sensor in my truck, after 3 more trips to napa after trying to find the right size socket to get the old sensor off it turns out its a size 32 deep socket,Took the old off installed the new 1, oil pressure now working again,what a royal pain in the it was to get to that sensor.Thank you all for who helped and put their 2 cents in.
-Rich
Old 03-15-2010, 11:31 PM   #21 (permalink)

Just replaced the oil pressure sensor on my '99. Got a used sensor on ebay for $26. FYI the correct size deep well socket for stock sensor is 1 1/4 inch. The 32 mm will work but is a little loose. Slide under the truck on the driver's side, reach up just in front of the starter, and the sensor is right there. Took about ten minutes.
chinooklr is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-16-2010, 12:45 AM   #22 (permalink)
VP Moderator

Thanked 1,366 Times in 1,178 Posts
Some are just gifted on replace and others can't get started.
Remember, every job requires a new tool purchase. Part of mechanics creed.
2008 3500 stock QCLB dually Inferno red. Toys: Fuel injected Rampage, Road Grader, 1586 tractor, 60K genset, Honda ATV, and more. Back in business with a Hitachi EX270LC excavator. The dirt slinging has begun with 50+ acres to clear.
dozer12216 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.