Oil Pressure Sending Unit - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 24V Forums > 98.5-02 Powertrain
98.5-02 Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect..NO ADVERTISING .

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2009, 01:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Oil Pressure Sending Unit

There seems to be some confusion sometimes on which Cummins oil pressure sender will work. I bought Cummins part# 4921511 today and it screwed in, plugged into factory harness, and worked great. It cost me $75.00 at the local Cummins dealer. Hope this helps someone.
chuckyCheeeese (06-30-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2009, 01:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
VP Moderator

Thanked 1,366 Times in 1,178 Posts
Still that is high price to pay for a simple pressure switch that in other versions is avalaible for less than 15 dollars. IMHO
2008 3500 stock QCLB dually Inferno red. Toys: Fuel injected Rampage, Road Grader, 1586 tractor, 60K genset, Honda ATV, and more. Back in business with a Hitachi EX270LC excavator. The dirt slinging has begun with 50+ acres to clear.
dozer12216 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2009, 12:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I"ve Priced That Sending Unit Here In Pa,and The Auto Parts Stores Here Want $385.00 Does That Cummins Store Have A Web Address??
looking 4 smoke is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2009, 12:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
dlb

is the switch differnt in a 98.0 i priced one for mine and was 245 at napa
98 2500 12v qclb,bhaf,3"dp 4" all the wayout back, silencer mia,boost elbow, no fuel plate ,afc tweeked, shift kit,3.55,285/75/16, 2" level kit ,trans temp,boost, pyro,now it needs sticks and timing avd. does it ever stop!
NHtech is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2009, 12:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

I'm not sure if they have a web site. There name is Mid-South Cummins in Montgomery Alabama. Hope this helps.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:39 AM   #6 (permalink)
Banned

I bought this sensor from this website..

It worked for me. Plugged right in.

Scheid Diesel - OIL PRESSURE SENSOR 24 VALVE Engine Parts Cummins Dodge Ram 2500 - 3500
black01cumminstruck is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2009, 02:00 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

what did you pay??at scheids??? this controls the gauge in the truck right or no ? mine does not move untill the temp gauge moves that just started since i put val blue in.before that i was using pensoil and the oil pressure gauge has not worked in months.
looking 4 smoke is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2009, 09:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by looking 4 smoke View Post
what did you pay??at scheids??? this controls the gauge in the truck right or no ? mine does not move untill the temp gauge moves that just started since i put val blue in.before that i was using pensoil and the oil pressure gauge has not worked in months.
$96 + shipping, sorry can't remember how much shipping was and can't find the invoice, but it wasn't bad. They wanted over $200 for this part at chrysler. But yes sir, it controlled the gauge in the truck, and it fixed mine. U might check your codes, mine was showing code 0523 (oil pressure sending unit voltage too high) so I figured mine must have been out... It was showing 60 psi all the time. Im not sure about the type of oil, but that may have something to do with it. But, yah this sensor fixed my dash oil pressure gauge.
black01cumminstruck is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2010, 11:08 AM   #9 (permalink)

Hey guys,
I've got a 2005 5.9L dodge. Can any of you tell me where my Oil Pressure sensor is located?
dwight.b is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2011, 01:14 PM   #10 (permalink)

Hi out there will an oil pressure switch stop my truck from starting?
Peter O'Neil is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.