Water/Meth - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 24V Forums > 98.5-02 Performance Parts Discussion
98.5-02 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 98-02 Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2012, 04:33 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Water/Meth

I have a few questions about water/meth injection. To be completely honest i do not know a damn thing about this. Ive read a little about it seen about the egt drop and fuel mileage increase and it cought my eye. My rig is used as a DD and pulling and the loads range from small to big. Basically what i am wondering what the better brands are out there, and after the initial cost of the parts would it be worth it? I was looking on Snow Performance : Home about it i was also wondering how much water/meth liquid will use compared to fuel, or does it only inject once the egts get over a certain temp? where can i get this stuff or does it all half to be ordered over the internet? Is this an easy install? i am mechanically inclined and do all my work myself but how big of a head ache is this? All in all is this setup really worth it? Any additional information would definatly be helpful. This is going on the truck in my sig but will have a CAI and a larger turbo (still not sure on the turbo size )
02 2500-RCLB-NV4500-5in t-back exh.-7x0.10 Injectors-.093 Cross over tubes-HAMILTON 188/220-HAMILTON 110LB Springs-HAMILTON HD Push Rods-FASS 150-CRAZY CARLS Intake horn-EDGE COMP-Southbend 3250 DD-2.5 in leveling kit
dodge33 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Nevermind yall i shouldve read a little more before i posted this pretty much answered all my questions
One thing i would like to know or catch your opinions on i noticed snow sounds pretty good but looks spendy, but devils own is a decent price what you guys reccomend by experience, and is there really any difference on operation? thanks guys
02 2500-RCLB-NV4500-5in t-back exh.-7x0.10 Injectors-.093 Cross over tubes-HAMILTON 188/220-HAMILTON 110LB Springs-HAMILTON HD Push Rods-FASS 150-CRAZY CARLS Intake horn-EDGE COMP-Southbend 3250 DD-2.5 in leveling kit
Old 03-18-2012, 10:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by dodge33 View Post
Nevermind yall i shouldve read a little more before i posted this pretty much answered all my questions
One thing i would like to know or catch your opinions on i noticed snow sounds pretty good but looks spendy, but devils own is a decent price what you guys reccomend by experience, and is there really any difference on operation? thanks guys
im running the aem water meth, helped on power and slowed egts down but w/0 a bigger turbo i can still get hot on egts. it comes with 3 diff inctor size tips. intallation was reall simple, took me 5 hours to start up time. could do it in less but iw as making sure i had it all right before i turned the key. as far as i kno the small kits are all the same, you can get multiple injectors as well. i have no clue how all that works tho. when im easy with it i can whatch my gauge drop as it kicks in herd devils own its a good set up too tho. snow and aem where real close in price. im gonna get a custom resavior made for mine sometime. 100 bucks extra just for a 5 gallon tank vs 1 gallon
Old 03-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

im pretty sure im gonna go with twins and if not im gonna put a bigger single on it so ill have that, what fluid are you running? are you runnin just windsheild washer fluid? also i know there is the dual stage do you just have one solenoid open the smaller injector at a certain boost/egt then have the other solenoid open the large injector at a larger boost/egt? One more question for you have you noticed any mpg gain and how much? Thanks for all you help
Old 03-19-2012, 02:13 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Hey look at my posts I have one in there about the water meth and there'sa lot of good info in there

Sent from my MB860 using AutoGuide.com App
Old 03-19-2012, 02:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 7 reviews
stay aware from devils own - personal IMO - bad service
snows is better for answering q's and service.

products about the same
Old 03-19-2012, 02:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Thanks for all the help guys! i talked to a guy at ATS and im thinkin about doin compounds and he said usually the compounds cool it enough that he will usually see someone put a new intercooler on before they go with water/meth so im gonna get the compounds on first and see if i still need it
Old 03-19-2012, 03:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Thanks for all the help guys! i talked to a guy at ATS and im thinkin about doin compounds and he said usually the compounds cool it enough that he will usually see someone put a new intercooler on before they go with water/meth so im gonna get the compounds on first and see if i still need it
do yourself a favor - PM turbolvr for ideas and cost on twins.
Not only will it work better - it will be cheaper and fit better too !!

going to order mine soon
dodge33 (03-20-2012), Scott1 (05-29-2012)
Old 03-19-2012, 08:36 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
im pretty sure im gonna go with twins and if not im gonna put a bigger single on it so ill have that, what fluid are you running? are you runnin just windsheild washer fluid? also i know there is the dual stage do you just have one solenoid open the smaller injector at a certain boost/egt then have the other solenoid open the large injector at a larger boost/egt? One more question for you have you noticed any mpg gain and how much? Thanks for all you help
i do run the washer fluid sometimes but my buddy works at dobbsa and they mix their own fluid so i get pure methynol for free, so i mix it with distilled water and save 4 bucks every 2 gallons i use lol. and im pretty sure the injector itself uses a check valve type of cenerio. the pump is always running but its boost controlled so it only injects when you have boost. and only kicks on at a certain psi (you set) and you set what psi you want the pump to be givin it all shes got. and i gained around a mile /gallon depending on how i drive it.! if you mix it yourself be sure to not go over 50/50. i run about 60 40 just cuz its cheaper and not that big of a difference in power
Old 05-29-2012, 07:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
whats this part for?

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
whats twins gonna do with a stock head gasket and no studs though? i was always under the concept that if you get twins, you HAVE to have studs at least or your gonna be boosting the head gasket market.
2001cummins 6spd,quad cab short bed,5in strait pipe, southbend dualdisk clutch, bluechipsFMS, FASS150GPH HD series w/ highflow drawstraw,aFe Stage2 Pro R5 Intake, boost elbow, SMARTY S03, Contatg!ous 7X.010 Injectors, 215k miles Complete overhaul in progress
Redling Diesel Racing Memberhappy smith?
cummins_turbodiesel21 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins_turbodiesel21 View Post
whats twins gonna do with a stock head gasket and no studs though? i was always under the concept that if you get twins, you HAVE to have studs at least or your gonna be boosting the head gasket market.
You can Retorque your factory bolts, but w/o studs and rings its just a matter of time before she pops.
Water meth is hard on head gaskets also.
Old 05-29-2012, 07:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins_turbodiesel21 View Post
Depends how much fuel your running.
But yes should probably have studs
Some get away with retorqing factory studs or putting in might diesel bolts.

Same almost goes for methanol tho anyways
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.