Anyone use Flowmaster muffler? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 24V Forums > 98.5-02 Performance Parts Discussion
98.5-02 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 98-02 Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2008, 01:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thanked 1,249 Times in 991 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Anyone use Flowmaster muffler?

I was just wondering if anyone has used one or if they aren't a good choice? I once heard that they don't work well with a turbo but I cant imagine why. I also heard that dual exhaust doesn't work with a single turbo but lots of guys are running a dual exhaust setup so that must mean that theory is wrong. Does anyone have any hard data to back the rumors?
'01 2500 Sport 4x4 5spd w/Fastcoolers, Mag-Hytec, EZ, 4" w/o muffler, Steering brace, aFe intake, 2 lo kit, Isspro Boost, fuel pressure, and EGT all on pillar, Westach Trans/Diff temp gauge in dash pod, Raptor 100 w/ 1/2" line, Pac Brake, Rancho 9000, 285's
KATOOM is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2008, 01:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

If you're talking about using Flowmaster like 44 series or something meant for gas trucks, I wouldn't recommend it. You need a straight through muff to eliminate backpressure. Haven't heard about the dual exhaust/single turbo one though.
Old 02-15-2008, 01:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

i beleive flowmaster has a different line for diesels like tonemaster or something. duals on a single turbo means nothing i dont know where that would come from. umless it was right after the turbo or something. look at all the big rigs with dual stacks. the only thing is regular flowmasters aren't straight through like most aftermarket diesel mufflers but look at the stocker.
VjjR is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2008, 01:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thanked 1,249 Times in 991 Posts
Good point. Look at the stock muffler. Talk about restrictive. I also know that the reason Flowmasters work as well as they do is because they actually reduce back pressure by design. Not to many chamber mufflers can claim that. And sure I know a straight through works but if a Flowmaster works on the Cummins application then it must give a pretty different sound.
The theory I heard about running duals is that the exhaust is spinning from the turbo and to disturb that flow creates a resistance. I'm not saying I buy it either but that it is a rumor.
'01 2500 Sport 4x4 5spd w/Fastcoolers, Mag-Hytec, EZ, 4" w/o muffler, Steering brace, aFe intake, 2 lo kit, Isspro Boost, fuel pressure, and EGT all on pillar, Westach Trans/Diff temp gauge in dash pod, Raptor 100 w/ 1/2" line, Pac Brake, Rancho 9000, 285's
KATOOM is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2008, 02:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

A buddy of mine has a 97 12v around 400hp.It has 3 flowmasters on it one right behind the other.I dont no why it is on there i told him to stright pipe it
2001 2500 6 speed BD High HP VP44 Adrenaline/SmartyRevo stack,.093 tubes DDP 200s HT64/65/14 turbo,SB street DD 3600 ,Tunnel Ram Intake,AD II,ScottieII Snow water/ meth,FBD 5in to 7in tip,35"fierce M/T Leving kit new 1997 3500 4x4
SmokingFords is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2008, 10:24 AM   #6 (permalink)

I have a FlowMaster HushPower on my truck. Mine was a test unit I was asked to put on my truck because it was stock. The sound is nice and there was not much difference in the noise levele inside the cab. No drone. It is a flow through design as you can see straight through it and it has what looked like perforated baffels inside it also.

Mike Lockner
mlockner is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-15-2008, 01:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

I have had a Flowmaster 4'' kit on my rig for a while now. I love the sound, it sounds a little differnent then any other cummins around. I'm not too worried about the baffled design inside the muffler, Flowmaster has been around for many years and I think they now what they are doing.
2001 Edge Juice with Attitude (wire tapped and Hot unlocked), HTT SS 62, F1 Mach 4's, Fass 95, Bank's High Ram, Volant intake, BD intercooler, South Bend DD3250, BD short throw shifter, 2" leveling kit, 315's, 540hp/950tq@45psi
dwanner is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.