What size exhaust? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 24V Forums > 98.5-02 Performance Parts Discussion
98.5-02 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 98-02 Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2011, 08:25 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
What size exhaust?

I have a 2002 Dodge 3500 Cummins with the NV5600 tranny. It has a slightly modified stock exhaust and wanting a bigger dia. pipe and also the deep noise that comes from a aftermarket exhaust. What size and tip should i get and who should i buy it from so it does not cost an arm and a leg to get.

Your comments please.
Cumminssmoke48 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2011, 08:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

IMO it depends on whats done to ur truck. When i had my eadge juice, RV275s and an hx35 i prefered a 4inch exhaust to a 5 inch. But with the setup im running now it competely changed the tone of my truck and i just love the way it sounds with the 5 inch on it now.

As for tips i had a 5inch tip with a 4 inch exhaust but now with my 5 inch exhaust i prefer not having a tip at all. I think it looks way better without one and makes it more of a sleeper.
02 sport 6spd, HRVP, edge hot/smarty, 5" exh, FASS, bored/balanced, 181/210 cam, SB OFE, studs/oringed, 62/71/14, DDP 150, ATS manifold, maxspool springs/pushrods, peak IC boots, wicked bypass, HID, sound system, Kore coils, DT control arms, borgeson box/shaft
organized_confusion is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2011, 09:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

do you want to strait pipe it
Old 03-31-2011, 09:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

if you want to strait pipe it i would go wit 4-5 inch pipe with 6inch tip
Old 03-31-2011, 09:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 5 reviews
Sup,

I had a dual 4" kit that I threw on a couple years back in Florida. It had something like a muffler on it and then it Y'ed out. I lost the drivers side exhaust section....long story for another time.....so I just finished operating on it. I threw a straight pipe to make it just a single exhaust again, and I had forgot how good a straight pipe diesel sounds. I am running a 4" with a 5" tip.

oudive
Old 03-31-2011, 09:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

yea and a dodge just makes a strait sound better
Old 04-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Well diesels as most of us know aren't like gassers and they don't need back pressure to run correctly for a fact the less back pressure the better u r im going with a 5" dp to 6" to 7" bullhauler stacks straight piped. But if u don't like a loud drone get an exhaust with a muffler. But if u want a straight pipe it really doesn't matter who u get it from it will sound around the same and actaull if u want it to be cheaper go to a custom exhuast shop and they should be able to do just about any size u want, the may not be able to bend it but they can cut pie shapes out to make the exhaust curve and it will be alot cheaper than buying a manufacturers exhuast
Old 04-09-2011, 03:49 AM   #8 (permalink)

i have a 5in duel with seven inch tips and i love it! i is so so deep! when you get on it people know your comming! i bought mine off a guy who has semi trucks and just customized to to fit but really you dont even need a bend you could go straight and just set it as high as you can! i perfer a 5 over a four but its between those two. if you really start to modify it you could go with a six and it sounds sweet but if you dont have enough mods to your truck they sound stupid.. just my input for you
Old 04-09-2011, 12:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Diesel Head

4 or 5inch exhaust...it dont matter either one sounds deep...nobodies going to be like i know that is a 4inch exhaust because it sounds higher pitched then my 5inch...who gives a shat...either one does the job and makes the sound
Old 04-09-2011, 08:45 PM   #10 (permalink)

Thanks everyone for your comments and opionions.
Cumminssmoke48 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2011, 05:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

this is the one i got last year. it was a super easy install and the best deal around. i love it!

Rollin Smoke Diesel. 1994-2002 Dodge Cummins 5" Turbo Back Exhaust (No Muffler)
cummminsV12 (04-13-2011)
Old 04-10-2011, 08:25 PM   #12 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

I got my 4" from summitracing.com for 299 or 399 I cant remember. The one I got was aluminzed and if you pay 100$ bucks more you can get stainless. It has a glasspack style muffler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.