Fuel Additive vs. Two Stroke Oil - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 24V Forums > 98.5-02 Performance Parts Discussion
98.5-02 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 98-02 Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 05:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
Fuel Additive vs. Two Stroke Oil

I was in Wally World today and was about to pick up some more two stroke oil to use in the fuel when I fill up and I saw a diesel fuel additive that was about the same price as the two stroke oil. I read the label over and it said it was supposed to add lubrication for the injector pump and injectors, while also boosting cetane numbers for better fuel burn. I was curious if anybody has any input as to whether this will work as well as simple two-stroke oil or better for that matter or if it won't work as well.
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 2WD Auto 5.9L Cummins: Raptor 150 w/ full 1/2" line kit, DTT Sump, Hypertech 3 Stage programmer, BD Boost Fooler, blocked wastegate, BHAF, 5" RSD exhaust, ISSPRO EGT, boost and fuel pressure gauges.
2001 Hypertech Cummins is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2010, 06:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
I use amsoil diesel concetrate, but when on two stroke my truck is much quieter,
heres a link that tested various additives, purely for lub purposes

Lubricity Additive Study Results - Diesel Place
Old 05-25-2010, 07:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

I ran the 2-stroke oil for the first time. Much quieter, love it! Will keep using it.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:55 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I run the 2 stroke oil when I remember it. Most of the fuel additives have solvents in them to help clean the fuel system. I just don't believe that solvents make good lubricants. JMO
2002 6-speed, 5 inch exh, Aeroturbine 5050XL, Icebox, Edge Drag Comp, +100 hp injectors from Diesel Auto Power, Isspro pyrometer, mechanical boost guage & electric fuel pressure gauge. FASS 95, Valair kevlar/ceramic clutch, faded paint, cracked dash, lots of miles
CoalRoller is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2010, 08:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

here ya go pretty much the same as what nickg posted just a little easier to see.HFRR Values Of Diesel Additives
Old 05-25-2010, 08:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
I use opti-lube summer blend. It's about the cheapest route you can go and as you can see in the lubricity test it scored very high. It does have a very strong smell to it though. Gotta be careful when you're pouring it in. You only use 1-2 oz. per every 20 gallons of fuel so a bottle goes a long way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.