Cummins Diesel Forum banner

***Introduce Yourself/ Ask Random Questions***

88K views 945 replies 440 participants last post by  Tambs575 
#1 ·
i know, i know... this is the wrong place for this. i dont realy talk to many people out side of the 98.5-02 sections. so i figured this would be the place to get the best exposure. (sorry mods)

It just accured to me that i know yall. i know your screen names, and your rig setups, but thats about it. so i figured this would be a good place to introduce yourself and ask random questions. :thumbsup:

#71 ·
im Drew, 20 years old(youngster) Im a Ag and Industrial Mechanic mainly Case construction just finishing school. Just bought my current truck a few weeks ago but before that i had a first gen that ran pretty good. Been really into cummins since i was 13. Wanted a diesel when i was 5. EPA hates people like me.:thumbsup:

#74 ·
well my name is Zach im 17 and a senior in highschool and i play football and i work and thats all i do because i love my truck and i must say i was a powerstroker and i wouldnt drive anything eles but when i drove my first cummins its the one i sold my truck for and bought and all my money goes into my truck and thats it, also the second half of my school day is all welding has been for 2 years and plan on doing it out of school for some good money:thumbsup:

#75 · (Edited)
im josesito miranda had mine since new 12 yrs ago work on farm equipmet going to nashville auto diesel college in august 18 learn more about diesel mechanics relly luv my diesel oh im 19 n there was an accident 2day by were i work n i helped get people out of the van so it wa s a lil strange

#76 ·
My name is rich, im 19, im a machinist. i make everything from helicopter parts to boost elbows and 12valve fuel plates....

two days ago my girlfriend of four years and i were driving by the dodge dealer and they had a brand new cummins out front, i said i would trade her in for that truck without a second thought. it was a nice quiet ride home after that.

#77 ·
i'm john, 21 years old. I'm a diemaker at a local printshop. Been stuck on dodge cummins since getting my dads old 1993. have had extemely bad luck with vehicles. The longest a vehicle has lasted me was a year and a half, which was my 96 dodge cummins. that got thrown across three lanes and on top a grand prix and a toyota corrola blew a red light. but that got me the truck in my sig for about 2 grand less then what i owed on the 96 with the same miles.

#78 ·
Names Jon had a cummins since before i could drive legally. Ive had my current rig for over 4yrs. Ill be 23 next month. I also had the nickname DIESEL from when i was cage fighting. Now im outta shape drinking beer and about to get engaged lol. Plan on getting back in the cage soon. Ill see if i can post some videos. Me and buddies have done all of the work on my truck

#81 ·
:hehe:My girl has kinda gotten that way. she loved my truck at first, But I had a girl come up to saying she would do anything to drive my truck one day, and a few others saying how much they liked it. Since then she hasn't been that crazy about it. Didn't help that I rubbed it in for a little while.:stirpot:

#83 ·
My names Rodney. i'm almost 20. and have had my truck for over 2 years!!! i work as a commercial transport mechanic and its as busy as it gets. Heres a good quote from the classic canadian comedian Red Green say. "If a woman don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy"!!!

#85 ·
I'm commonly known as Andrew. I'm thirty something. I'm sys admin for a hospital system. I can be blunt and uncaring of others emotions 95% of the time. That's likely caused in part by sociopathic tendencies. I'm very OCD. I don't have ADD, but if you bore me, I'll find other things to focus on while you babble. I spend most of my time studying and tinkering with whatever interest spurs me at the moment. I can reduce, add, and subtract fractions in my head. I count the number of lights, chairs, and windows in a room. If I'm bored, I'll approximate the cubic feet of the room. I'm married with two children. I've got a dog. But honestly, I'm really a great guy. Oh yeah, I like long walks on the beach. Now, for my random question. Does anyone know of an Atlanta area store that would have a TL494 IC in a DIP package in stock?

#86 ·
I'm Jesse, 21, and glad to see that we are all the same age. Thought you guys were old for some odd reason. I'm a full time student at the University of New Mexico, Nuclear Engineering major, and full time broke a$$. I find it very comforting that I'm not the only one with the girlfriend problem. They should just understand. She just read this went :shock: and hit me ... my truck doesn't do that

#87 ·
I’m Andy, 20 years old, currently a full time broke college student working on my business degree and dreaming of more mods than I can afford. I have had my truck for a little over 2 years and I can’t wait to finally have it paid off in the next 8 months.:party018:

#90 ·
I cant belive that there is only two people in this thread that are over thirty. the younger generation must aready know it all.

#97 ·
Into

My Name Is Chris, I am 22, Used to Drive truck for a living, Recently took over a used car business, Gettin Married in Summer:S:. And Finally got a house with a small garage but cant fit my truck in it:doh:

#102 ·
My Name Is Chris, I am 22, Used to Drive truck for a living, Recently took over a used car business, Gettin Married in Summer:S:. And Finally got a house with a small garage but cant fit my truck in it:doh:
welcome to the club! Ryan (rollincole), and John (johnyb59) are married already. and im getting married sept 18th.

i had no idea there were this many guys married (or getting married) at 22. it actualy eases my mind a little...

#108 ·
I'm David, I'm 20 years old, I've attended Lake Michigan College for a year and a half, then switched to University of Alabama in Huntsville for a semester, then Purdue for two semesters and then Michigan Tech University next semester. I make most of my money from being a photographer, I take random road trips to try to get the money shot and this weekend I'll be heading 12 hours north for some more snow pictures. For my random question, has anyone else been struck by lightning?

#124 ·
I used to hate the idea of making a truck blow out a bunch of black smoke, but since i got this truck i haven't found anything that works better on tailgaters. used to just slam on my brakes when some one would get to close, but for some reason a cloud of smoke get them off your tail better. After a little black smoke i've had people go from tailgating to staying almost a 1/4 mile back. You would think almost making someone hit you would get the point across, but apperanley getting their car dirty is scarier.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.