Quadzilla Stand-Alone Touch Screen Monitor - Page 3 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
98.5-02 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 98-02 Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

View Poll Results: Quadzilla Adrenaline Touch Screen Monitor
I would buy the Adrenaline kit with touch screen monitor for $1000 13 36.11%
I would buy the 5" Adrenaline monitor by itself for $400 13 36.11%
I would buy the 7" Adrenaline monitor by itself for $500 5 13.89%
I would buy a stand-alone gauge system with a 5" touch screen for $500 7 19.44%
I require a Water-Meth injection system controller built into the monitor. 0 0%
I don't require the water-meth injection system, but I want it built in. 10 27.78%
I would never spend that much money on the monitor / controller 13 36.11%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #25 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 08:57 PM
Western WA President

Thanked 1,960 Times in 1,398 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
If my old man had a 2nd gen: as of right now he would never get an adrenaline because of not having gauges or buttons to turn power up and down...

try to get him to use his phone for that and I can almost guarantee that his phone will get thrown out the window in a matter of minutes. He has very little patience for computers and just sending an email via smart phone is difficult for him (his in his mid 60s) so you can imagine having to load an app and get it to connect and what not would be rocket science to him and irritate him to no end. Younger generations like ME will never understand this and say oh nobody needs a monitor the phone can do everything. it's kinda like saying: "What do you need a GUI for? Command line works just fine! Does everything and then some!"

I think the option should be there for those that don't want to use a tablet or phone, and want a device that is ALWAYS connected and powers on/off with the truck.

Should also note: if the new monitor doesn't support all new and existing features of the quadzilla and continue to be supported for years to come. don't want it. Still with my ancient pv1. But if it does support ALL new features of the quad + gets continued support for at least 5+ years then I will strongly consider it and be it's biggest cheer leader if I like it.

The phone has it's perks don't get me wrong, but it's definitely not for everyone and it takes too many steps to get gauges up and running every single time you get ready to take a drive. I still use my monitor for corrected vehicle speed and for EGT and trans temp.

as for @Mopar1973Man comment. I'm sure Jacob could come up with a pillar that can mount the monitor + 2 gauge pods.

mine is custom slapped together looks like crap but works...

but I have seen other members do similar but they fiberglassed it together sanded and painted it and it looks like it came like that from the factory...absolutely beautiful work.

00 24v powered by the high performance "53" block and "Unicorn Injectors" 576hp/1285tq 8/10/2013
2004 Jetta TDI 5spd Malone S1 + dyn EGR/idle tune
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon16 View Post
my truck is literally full of Panties already...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 'strokeThis_'07 View Post
I'll admit, I was sitting here giggling like a little girl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 11:10 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigabop View Post
and want a device that is ALWAYS connected and powers on/off with the truck.
Also a big deal for me. Yes the phone works and i could get another device to leave in the truck but a screen that comes on with the truck would be great.

01 slt 24 valve 6 speed nv5600
Fass 150, BHAF, Quad adrenaline, SO VP, dap 6x.013 sac injectors, 69/74/.80sxe, valair 600hp ceramic single disc.
post #27 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-12-2017, 11:32 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,137 Times in 1,682 Posts
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Younger generations like ME will never understand this and say oh nobody needs a monitor the phone can do everything. it's kinda like saying: "What do you need a GUI for? Command line works just fine! Does everything and then some!"
It's not a GUI vs command line thing, it's very simply put a usb keyboard vs a wireless keyboard. Sure if you turn off the wireless keyboard after using it and put it in the closest you have to take it back out and turn it back on to use it again, But no one does that. That's the mindset that is killing me, it's not logical. What I don't understand is why people are so unwilling to change their perception of something. Your next statement is proof of that.

Quote:
The phone has it's perks don't get me wrong, but it's definitely not for everyone and it takes too many steps to get gauges up and running every single time you get ready to take a drive. I still use my monitor for corrected vehicle speed and for EGT and trans temp.

You don't need to load anything, or connect to anything, just leave the device on your dash just like you do your pv1. It automatically connects without any user intervention. Just treat it like it is a dedicated screen. I get in my truck, key on , wts , crank, and by the time I put my truck in gear the Iquad is connected and all of my gauges are there up and running. Didn't have to lift a finger, didn't have to load an app, exactly 0 steps needed.....

You saying you have to jump through those hoops to get your iquad running is like me saying you have to plug your pv1 into the adr box everytime you start your truck. Yes you would have to if you took the pv1 out of the truck everytime you got out of the truck, but you don't you leave it on the dash. Same as me, I don't remove my dedicated device from the truck, it stays in the truck.

If nothing else at very least compare them in the same situtation and conditions rather than treating the Iquad one way and pv1 in another way. No one should use their personal phone as the gauges, as a backup? sure that's a great idea, as their main screen, no that's not a good idea. Use a dedicated device just like your pv1. Treat the Iquad the same way as a standalone screen.

the single biggest perk of the app is the fact that it does not fall victim to aging hardware syndrome. Need a new feature? great update the app. 5+ years out of full hardware support is beyond costly and nearly impossible to do. Just ask Edge why they keep putting out new screens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherwhitedodge View Post
Also a big deal for me. Yes the phone works and i could get another device to leave in the truck but a screen that comes on with the truck would be great.
So for literally %10 - %20 of the cost of the standalone screen Quad is talking about you could get what you want right now, but you are unwilling to for what reason?

do you at least see my confusion with this mindset?

00 Dodge 2500 quad 5.9 Cummins, DFI 7x.009, he351ve arduino controller, homebuilt 47re revmax 3.5 messed with vb, Quad adr V2, 4",150 gph, studs/sprgs/psh rds

post #28 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 02:34 AM
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by me78569 View Post
So for literally %10 - %20 of the cost of the standalone screen Quad is talking about you could get what you want right now, but you are unwilling to for what reason?

How so? As far as Ive seen, even if you leave a phone in the truck you still have to unlock it and open the app to use it. Then charge it when it goes dead unless I leave a charger strung cross the cab. I could be wrong though. Are the android phones capable of coming on with the truck? I just think a monitor that plugged into the obd2 port and read/cleared codes like the edge would be better. That being said i am happy with the product just trying to give some feedback witch is why quad posted this thread.

01 slt 24 valve 6 speed nv5600
Fass 150, BHAF, Quad adrenaline, SO VP, dap 6x.013 sac injectors, 69/74/.80sxe, valair 600hp ceramic single disc.
The Following User Says Thank You to justanotherwhitedodge For This Useful Post:
jigabop (02-13-2017)
post #29 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 09:05 AM
Diesel Head

Leave the phone plugged in USB cord tucked away. Again having it plugged in is no different that having a screen plugged in. You can tuck away the USB in the same way. Leave the app running, it will automatically connect and be up and running 24/7. Been doing this for years and don't have issues with it.

The phone will stay on as long as the app is up and it has power.

I get the want I do, I just want to make sure that the want is for things that the iquad can't do.
post #30 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 10:04 AM
Mopar1973Man.Com

Thanked 4,120 Times in 3,247 Posts
Even for what I've got. I've got a homemade cradle in my ashtray for my LG G4 phone. So I unplug the phone shove it in my pocket the phone goes with me. Return to the truck plug in the charge cord and audio cord then start the app. By the time I drive out of the parking lot the Quad is hooked up and displaying.

Now, on the other hand, my OBDLink App requires me to press RECONNECT every single time I restart the engine which I'm trying to get them to create a auto-connect like Quadzilla already does.

Mopar1973Man.Com -=- Michael Nelson -=- Mopar1973Man -=- Achieve Your Destination
2002 Dodge 2500 (291k miles) - Quadzilla Adrenaline, +75 DAP Injectors, HX35/40 60/60/12, BHAF, 3" Flow Through Muffled Exhaust, AirDog 150 (10 years old)
1996 Dodge 1500 (164k miles) - 5.9L V8, Dynamic 46RE Tranmission, Mopar Performance PCM
post #31 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 10:05 AM
Diesel Head

Here's my process to start my truck and get my gauges going.

00 Dodge 2500 quad 5.9 Cummins, DFI 7x.009, he351ve arduino controller, homebuilt 47re revmax 3.5 messed with vb, Quad adr V2, 4",150 gph, studs/sprgs/psh rds
post #32 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 10:56 AM
Diesel Freak

I have to restart my app everytime i start my truck, sometimes 3 or 4 times

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2000 Quad Cab Short Bed 2500 Auto: Weston 6x.013, borg warner S369xe, Homemade intake with AFE filter and AFE intake horn, 5in. straight pipe to homemade 6in diamond stack, Quad ADR. 1000/4k, Air Dog 150, built auto, and soon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #33 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 11:21 AM
Diesel Head

for what reason specifically? What version of the app are you running?

I am being %100 I never touch my device it just sits there.

post #34 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 12:43 PM
Western WA President

Quote:
Here's my process to start my truck and get my gauges going.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QSP9ZKe3C4
That video proves my point of the part you don't understand. If someone left a phone all lit up in their truck like that parked in ANY major city in the USA I can almost guarantee you that your window WILL be smashed and that thing stolen because it is lit up and drawing attention to itself. My pulse monitor draws 0 attention because it is not lit up and it's quite obviously not a smart device so I have never had a problem with a broken window when parking in bad neighborhoods.

That screen lit up like that all night...truck window would definitely get busted out...

So that brings us back to have to manually power up phone, wait for it to boot up, then have to unlock screen, have to start up app, wait for it to connect, plug in to my 12v DC outlet and lose that outlet forever to a monitor that was originally powered from under the hood or go through having to plug it in and unplug when charged and plug back in. Point is extra steps we didn't have before with a monitor that was powered from under the hood and came on with the truck and turned off with the truck.

00 24v powered by the high performance "53" block and "Unicorn Injectors" 576hp/1285tq 8/10/2013
Quote:
Quote:
post #35 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 12:54 PM
Diesel Head

been in the city for 3-4 years with that, I have even had people break into the car right in front of my truck...mutiple times. Phones still there. so ,
Quote:
...truck window would definitely get busted out...
that is a incorrect blanket statement.

And guess what, if they do steal the phone google knows where it is at when you turn it on.

I get what you are saying I really do, but you need to see that you are not forced to start it everytime. That is your choice. Just because you think one thing or another doesn't mean it is true.

post #36 of 90 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 12:59 PM
Western WA President

Quote:

Are we forgetting the cost of the bluetooth module?

That's $215 for that, that's over 50% of the monitor right there, then another couple hundred for a phone or generic android device...there's the rest of the cost of the monitor...

Quote:
Quote:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode