Quadzilla Stand-Alone Touch Screen Monitor - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
98.5-02 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 98-02 Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

View Poll Results: Quadzilla Adrenaline Touch Screen Monitor
I would buy the Adrenaline kit with touch screen monitor for $1000 11 35.48%
I would buy the 5" Adrenaline monitor by itself for $400 11 35.48%
I would buy the 7" Adrenaline monitor by itself for $500 5 16.13%
I would buy a stand-alone gauge system with a 5" touch screen for $500 7 22.58%
I require a Water-Meth injection system controller built into the monitor. 0 0%
I don't require the water-meth injection system, but I want it built in. 8 25.81%
I would never spend that much money on the monitor / controller 10 32.26%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
I think resources could be better devoted. Also from a business stand point it seems that apps used on tablets for tuning and monitoring are coming up in force.

Perfect example, EZ-link. So far from what I've seen it's extremely intuitive and can be used for many things. You have plenty of power within the board itself to accomplish much more than simply pushing numbers back and forth to a 20 year old truck.

My advice, improve the app, make it more modern and keep moving forward with what you have. Half of the selling point is the curb appeal.
You stand no chance in the market of Smarty and Edge who have almost 30 years of screen development. Matching up to them would be an accomplishment sure but at what cost.

Also keep in mind that decisions like this are ones that can either cripple a company or send it to the top. You're fighting an uphill battle and I fear that you're not on the winning side. I would hate to see quad go under again. Keep up the good work guys.

TFaoro and QuadzillaPower like this.

"To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence."
The Following User Says Thank You to Carbur8tr For This Useful Post:
me78569 (02-08-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 09:34 PM
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Id love a stand alone controller but it would have to look as good or better than the cts2

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2000 Quad Cab Short Bed 2500 Auto: Weston 6x.013, borg warner S369xe, Homemade intake with AFE filter and AFE intake horn, 5in. straight pipe to homemade 6in diamond stack, Quad ADR. 1000/4k, Air Dog 150, built auto, and soon
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #15 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-08-2017, 10:15 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,101 Times in 1,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbur8tr View Post
I think resources could be better devoted. Also from a business stand point it seems that apps used on tablets for tuning and monitoring are coming up in force.

Perfect example, EZ-link. So far from what I've seen it's extremely intuitive and can be used for many things. You have plenty of power within the board itself to accomplish much more than simply pushing numbers back and forth to a 20 year old truck.

My advice, improve the app, make it more modern and keep moving forward with what you have. Half of the selling point is the curb appeal.
You stand no chance in the market of Smarty and Edge who have almost 30 years of screen development. Matching up to them would be an accomplishment sure but at what cost.

Also keep in mind that decisions like this are ones that can either cripple a company or send it to the top. You're fighting an uphill battle and I fear that you're not on the winning side. I would hate to see quad go under again. Keep up the good work guys.

I couldn't have said it better myself. I would much rather see that 50-100k go into app development to do any number of cools things. Being on the andriod platform opens up a world of intergration. You already have a ton of money invested into a good communication method between the device and the box under the hood.

I do understand the battle you are in, people can't seem to get past the mindset of "I don't want to use my phone" to the point of thinking, " I can use ANY andriod device" Doesn't need to be your phone.....but hey your phone can be a backup if someone steals your stuff. What I pose to everyone is are you actually willing to put your money on the line? Right now per HP the Quad is the cheapest full tuner on the market for our trucks....that's HUGE The TST comes in slightly less per hp but doens't do timing and doesn't do canbus fueling.

00 Dodge 2500 quad 5.9 Cummins, DFI 7x.009, he351ve arduino controller, homebuilt 47re revmax 3.5 messed with vb, Quad adr V2, 4",150 gph, studs/sprgs/psh rds

post #16 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 12:50 PM Thread Starter
QuadzillaPower.com

Its looking like a pretty even split. However, only 11 people have voted so far. Spread the word, we need to get the votes in!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 11:28 PM
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
The way I look at it when people buy a $700 dollar or $1000 tuner you would think it would come with everything. I would definitely buy the fixed monitor because I don't like the fact of having to use a phone/tablet to tune. The only thing holding me back is because it doesn't come with a monitor. Make them to order. If someone selects it then Build it and ship it. Just my .02 cents.
post #18 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-09-2017, 11:45 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,101 Times in 1,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dustin15198 View Post
The way I look at it when people buy a $700 dollar or $1000 tuner you would think it would come with everything. I would definitely buy the fixed monitor because I don't like the fact of having to use a phone/tablet to tune. The only thing holding me back is because it doesn't come with a monitor. Make them to order. If someone selects it then Build it and ship it. Just my .02 cents.
That's not how it works with something like this. If they were to try and build these 1 at a time as orders came in the cost of the screen would be 5x -10x more than building them in bulk. Regardless the major expense is not only getting the screens built, but the time invested in R&D to get something like this off the ground.
Mopar1973Man likes this.

00 Dodge 2500 quad 5.9 Cummins, DFI 7x.009, he351ve arduino controller, homebuilt 47re revmax 3.5 messed with vb, Quad adr V2, 4",150 gph, studs/sprgs/psh rds
post #19 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 11:07 PM
Diesel Freak

It would be nice if they could get it to work with a cts2. Do you custom tuning with a computer load it to your box then use the screen to choose levels and monitor. Similar to how the efi guys do with common rails

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2000 Quad Cab Short Bed 2500 Auto: Weston 6x.013, borg warner S369xe, Homemade intake with AFE filter and AFE intake horn, 5in. straight pipe to homemade 6in diamond stack, Quad ADR. 1000/4k, Air Dog 150, built auto, and soon
post #20 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-10-2017, 11:37 PM
Cummins Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by allsporthines28 View Post
It would be nice if they could get it to work with a cts2. Do you custom tuning with a computer load it to your box then use the screen to choose levels and monitor. Similar to how the efi guys do with common rails
Now i REALLY like this idea. Mainly because i have a cts sitting around that nobody seems to want

01 slt 24 valve 6 speed nv5600
Fass 150, BHAF, Quad adrenaline, SO VP, dap 6x.013 sac injectors, 69/74/.80sxe, valair 600hp ceramic single disc.
post #21 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 04:03 AM
Cummins Enthusiast

Instead of creating something "new", just sell it with an existing Android tablet with a mount...Quad can even already have the app installed so to the end user it seems like it is custom but it is in reality already off the shelf. You would just be re-packaging it.

That way you can have the option available and it would only cost $50 for the tablet and maybe $50 for a strong mount. THAT is a lot more palatable and frankly then the tablet can also be used for additional things like a backup camera etc.

Essentially you are increasing sales to those to lazy or not competent enough to go out and buy one on their own and install an app. Not sure how warranty work would be handled on the tablets.....
TFaoro likes this.

2002 3500 QCLB DRW 4WD Bone Stock Automatic
post #22 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 04:52 AM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by justanotherwhitedodge View Post
Mainly because i have a cts sitting around that nobody seems to want

Ain't that the truth!

2000 Ram 2500 QCLB-Quadzilla Adrenaline, FASS Titanium 95 GPH, 4 Inch Diamond Eye Duals Donalson M090544, BHAF, MoparMan Crank Case Vent Mod, NV4500 swap, SB3250-6, DAP 7x0.010, 4th Gen Center Console, Optima Yellow Tops

FIL - 07.5 Ram 2500 Megacab - Ctrl Alt Deleted/ 97 Ram 3500 2wd dually, remote fuel filter, Jacobs exhaust brake

post #23 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 05:54 AM
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93ls1rx7 View Post
Instead of creating something "new", just sell it with an existing Android tablet with a mount...Quad can even already have the app installed so to the end user it seems like it is custom but it is in reality already off the shelf. You would just be re-packaging it.

That way you can have the option available and it would only cost $50 for the tablet and maybe $50 for a strong mount. THAT is a lot more palatable and frankly then the tablet can also be used for additional things like a backup camera etc.

Essentially you are increasing sales to those to lazy or not competent enough to go out and buy one on their own and install an app. Not sure how warranty work would be handled on the tablets.....
They already sell one with a tablet through DAP. It works fantastic,I have that set up in my truck now. I like it and wouldn't look back to my edge at all. A standalone screen that isn't affected as much by heat (if that were feasible) would be nice, the tablet works just fine though

99 2wd ext cab lb SRW. Quadzilla adrenaline, DAP 7x.009 (100hp sticks) big air filter. Valair Single Disk organic clutch. FASS Platinum 150gph. Jacobs exhaust brake. 232k miles
The Following User Says Thank You to b+barandgrill For This Useful Post:
93ls1rx7 (02-11-2017)
post #24 of 84 (permalink) Old 02-11-2017, 06:21 AM
Diesel Head

Dont waste the time or funds, unless it becomes a universal device that covers a wider range of model years...

I have ALWAYS hated thinking someone stupid would take out a window and my controler thinking they had something...then i am screwed.

The way it stands, you have the device (MOST NEVER USE TO THE FULLEST ), it isnt needed on a every start basis and it isnt a theft tempting piece of hardware.

Keep it simple, even at 700 it is slightly steep but tolerable.

02 Sport / 47re / 4" MBRP TBE / DAP 75hp sticks/ HX35W / GDP FUEL BOSS / DDRP02 / 3rd gen brakes / 4th gen steering / 2" Thuren / MC ARMS / 5100's /285/75/17
The Following User Says Thank You to Stormin08 For This Useful Post:
gh0stman (02-11-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode