QUADZILLA ADRENALINE for the 24v REVIEW - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
98.5-02 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 98-02 Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

18Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 139 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
1YC
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
QUADZILLA ADRENALINE for the 24v REVIEW

So i just purchased the quadzilla adrenaline with iquad for my 01 24valve H.O. I was concerned about something being wrong with my truck due to the lack of power. I was then advised to buy a chip so i started researching an i was led to the quadzilla by a guy at DAP Diesel performance. but before making this $700 purchase i wanted to do some research to find out if its really worth all that money, but i found very little technical info on it. All i could find is people blowing smoke out their pipes and saying how it was cool. I wanted to know about the tuning and the parameters and etc. So i went ahead and bought one and decided i would give my own review so hopefully if anyone else is in the same dilemma i was in that they will find this post and have all the answers they need.

My first question was, "Is it really worth $700?"
The answer for me is no. The tune its self is great once you have tinkered with it enough to figure out how you want it but the quadzilla loves to surge and go from 0-100 with no inbetween. i could accomplish the same amount of power gains with edge and not have the surging and jerking around. The reason they cost way more than edge is because of the extra features like the iquad ( being able to control your parameters and live data feed from your phone wireless. or the ability to create your own tune in minutes. So depending on how much you value ease of access and luxury will determine whether you can justify the price.

my second question was "How is there 11 power levels but only one tune?"
well the tunes they have are 1000, 2000, and 3000.
1000 has a fuel stretch of 1400 micro seconds
2000 has a fuel stretch of 1600 micro seconds
3000 has a fuel stretch of 1800 microseconds and higher (beta tunes)(not for street)

although you can turn the fuel stretch up to 2200 micro seconds when using the custom tuning. These numbers are just the base
i got the 2000 tune but it had 11 power levels, How?
its all in the wire tap.
1st level- stock
2nd level-max mileage
3rd and up is where the fuel stretch begins to take place. It increases how much stretch is applied through out the different levels.

my third question was can i run this thing on a stock truck? Will i blow a head gasket? Will i run out of fuel?
yes, no and no. This thing can only push as far as your IP. You wont Hurt anything (immediately anyways, im sure if you kept it on the highest level that it would eventually wear your turbo out from high egts and wear your rings out from high boost numbers)

my last question was will this make my truck black smoke real bad like some highschool kid?

Only if you want to. On the default tune set on its highest power level will let out the slightest little puff on take off and clear right up. Its made to be efficient not wasteful. Although you can change the parameters of the timing and fuel maps and make it blow more smoke then little jimmy with his daddies truck with stacks.

One ting that i will not be able to answer is more in depth on "how to tune". I am still figuring out how to make all the parameters work together myself so im in no shape to be telling you.

If any of my info was incorrect please correct me ( as long as we can all be respectful adults about it) and if theres a question that you have had that did not get answered please ask and i will try to answer it to the best of my ability. Thanks for listening to me rant about my new toy haha

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2001 dodge ram 2500HO 4X4 24 valve 5.9 cummins nv5600 6 speed. S.O VP44, stock pipes, stock turbo, stock everything. Quadzilla Adrenaline with iQuad V2, 3" lift, 4th gen wheels, procomp es9000s
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 139 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 04:55 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,157 Times in 1,779 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
@me78569 remember the discussion we had about people not understanding what or how to adjust stuff? Well here you go. Smh user error.

Jacob, "strictly business" 01 grumpy sob, Calibrated Addiction, Infinite Performance, Farrell Diesel, 97 rclb
post #3 of 139 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 04:59 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,101 Times in 1,653 Posts
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
Quadzilla Custom Tuning Indepth

All I can say is delete all of your thoughts about the Quadzilla. Run the V2 Tuning, rather than the 1000/2000/3000 tunes, and come back with what you think. I promise to you that the V2 tuning will not surge, it will make the same power but be night and day smoother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbayes View Post
@me78569 remember the discussion we had about people not understanding what or how to adjust stuff? Well here you go. Smh user error.
He is running old tunes, they do surge if things aren't happy etc. There is flat out no reason someone should run the old tunes anymore, the difference is like going from a ford pinto to a Ford GT40

00 Dodge 2500 quad 5.9 Cummins, DFI 7x.009, he351ve arduino controller, homebuilt 47re revmax 3.5 messed with vb, Quad adr V2, 4",150 gph, studs/sprgs/psh rds

post #4 of 139 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 05:01 PM Thread Starter
1YC
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by me78569 View Post
Quadzilla Custom Tuning Indepth

All I can say is delete all of your thoughts about the Quadzilla , Run the V2 Tuning, rather than the 1000/2000/300 tunes, and come back with what you think. I promise to you that the V2 tuning will not surge, it will make the same power but be night and day smoother.
How do i get the v2 tuning? I didnt know this was an option when i bought it.

2001 dodge ram 2500HO 4X4 24 valve 5.9 cummins nv5600 6 speed. S.O VP44, stock pipes, stock turbo, stock everything. Quadzilla Adrenaline with iQuad V2, 3" lift, 4th gen wheels, procomp es9000s
post #5 of 139 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 05:04 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,101 Times in 1,653 Posts
https://mopar1973man.com/topic/12025...indows-10-8-7/

Tunes are hosted there. directions on how to flash also there. If you have already flashed the Quad then you can just download the V2 flash, if your truck is stock use the standard fuel flash, NOT the hardfuel.

00 Dodge 2500 quad 5.9 Cummins, DFI 7x.009, he351ve arduino controller, homebuilt 47re revmax 3.5 messed with vb, Quad adr V2, 4",150 gph, studs/sprgs/psh rds
post #6 of 139 (permalink) Old 01-26-2017, 05:27 PM
Diesel Head

Yea you need V2, my truck drives super smooth no smoke, and I havent really messed with the tune very much since its winter.

But even when I first got it, I was running the standard 2000 tune and there was no surging or anything.
post #7 of 139 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 09:04 AM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by me78569 View Post
He is running old tunes, they do surge if things aren't happy etc. There is flat out no reason someone should run the old tunes anymore, the difference is like going from a ford pinto to a Ford GT40
I know. I also know there is better available and I don't even own a vp truck anymore. The sooner he updates the better.

Jacob, "strictly business" 01 grumpy sob, Calibrated Addiction, Infinite Performance, Farrell Diesel, 97 rclb
post #8 of 139 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 06:01 PM
Diesel Head

Damn Jacob you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Lol jk but in all seriousness I agree.

Op, do some reading and update. We will be glad to help if you hit a snag.

"To succeed in life, you need two things: ignorance and confidence."
post #9 of 139 (permalink) Old 01-27-2017, 10:54 PM
Cummins Nut

Garage
If i werent saving for a PPump swap in order to stupid proof it i would get another quadzilla. I had one on my 99 and it was awesome. And that was the old tune. The new stuff looks so tempting.
post #10 of 139 (permalink) Old 01-30-2017, 09:37 AM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbur8tr View Post
Damn Jacob you wake up on the wrong side of the bed this morning? Lol jk but in all seriousness I agree.

Op, do some reading and update. We will be glad to help if you hit a snag.
If only tone would come across in text lol. Nah, most take me far too seriously. It's even better on bookface.
runit02 likes this.

post #11 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 01:30 PM
QuadzillaPower.com

We've updated our custom tuning guide with the latest V2 stuff. If you have questions tuning it there are links to the other guides out there as well as a link to the example tunes.

Try this and see if it makes it any better for you.

https://quadzillapower.com/adrenalin...-tuning-guide/

post #12 of 139 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 01:48 PM Thread Starter
1YC
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
i am not computerly advanced what so ever. I read the thread that was linked and that sounds like way too much. Im scared i may wind up messing up my equipment. I will probably just get rid of the quadzilla. Its not worth the 700 bucks and it surges like crazy no mattter what and im supposed to down load some other tune after i buy it to make it smooth? No, if im spending 700 on a tuner i expect it to be good to go out of the box. And the only help i recieve is from conceded a holes that talk down to me because i dont know as much as them. im running old tunes? Then why is this the tune that was offered when i bought it BRAND NEW? Yeah no thanks. Ill just sell it and go get some injectors.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode