QUADZILLA ADRENALINE for the 24v REVIEW - Page 2 - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
98.5-02 Performance Parts Discussion Discussion of Performance Parts For the 98-02 Trucks No Advertising ...NO ADVERTISING

22Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 12:52 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,218 Times in 1,833 Posts
iTrader Score: 1 reviews
You are complaining about something YOU bought without doing ANY research. Posts like this should be deleted. The problem here is YOU not the product. There is an avenue available to "fix" your issues yet you want to cry about it. This country is doomed.

b+barandgrill likes this.

Jacob, "strictly business" 01 grumpy sob, Calibrated Addiction, Infinite Performance, Farrell Diesel, 97 rclb
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 12:54 PM
Diesel Head

For the record, Nick and I (well mostly Nick) helped someone out on fb the other night to update their box. Anyone reading this post should take any info posted by the op and throw it in the garbage.

Jacob, "strictly business" 01 grumpy sob, Calibrated Addiction, Infinite Performance, Farrell Diesel, 97 rclb
The Following User Says Thank You to jlbayes For This Useful Post:
Stormin08 (02-06-2017)
post #15 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 12:55 PM
Diesel Head

Thanked 2,200 Times in 1,739 Posts
iTrader Score: 2 reviews
i've helped many guys like you get it loaded. Jbayes is a little rough around th edges, but you can see the 3 of us posted up helpful info and even offered to help themselves.

If you don't want the control of your truck like the Quad can offer then that's fine, but if you do want a better running truck it is right there.

00 Dodge 2500 quad 5.9 Cummins, DFI 7x.009, he351ve arduino controller, homebuilt 47re revmax 3.5 messed with vb, Quad adr V2, 4",150 gph, studs/sprgs/psh rds

post #16 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
1YC
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbayes View Post
You are complaining about something YOU bought without doing ANY research. Posts like this should be deleted. The problem here is YOU not the product. There is an avenue available to "fix" your issues yet you want to cry about it. This country is doomed.
you wanna talk about people need to read the post before they say something well you should do the same. If you would have read my post you would have seen that i researched for 6 months if not more. I saw NOTHING for the v2 tune and i knew it surged a bit but not like this. Im complaining because the only help i get when i AM trying to fix my problem is from some jagoff like you who thinks hes better than everyone. Theres no need to be so y about this and tell me im crying about my problems. Im just asking for a little assistance in something that i dont know and the response i get is sarcasm as if there just so much info on my specific problem already. And no if you have to flash the quad with a different tune than factory after you buy it then that is not a problem that i caused because no where on this forum or on the quad website does it say "warning you have to download other tunes if you want this product to actually do anything" Thanks for the help douche

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2001 dodge ram 2500HO 4X4 24 valve 5.9 cummins nv5600 6 speed. S.O VP44, stock pipes, stock turbo, stock everything. 3" lift, 4th gen wheels, procomp es9000s
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 3 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #17 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
1YC
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlbayes View Post
For the record, Nick and I (well mostly Nick) helped someone out on fb the other night to update their box. Anyone reading this post should take any info posted by the op and throw it in the garbage.
Who even takes adsvice from someone that talks like you? Thats ridiculous your being such a child because someone said something on the internet you dont like. If im so stupid and everything here should be disregarded then why even comment here? Just leave this thread alone if you have no help to give.

2001 dodge ram 2500HO 4X4 24 valve 5.9 cummins nv5600 6 speed. S.O VP44, stock pipes, stock turbo, stock everything. 3" lift, 4th gen wheels, procomp es9000s
post #18 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 01:26 PM
Diesel Head

Lots of guys will be willing to buy it from you.

If you do want to resolve your surging issues you might ask for help with your tuning, rather than trying to go about things in this manner. Even the old tunes can be made a lot smoother if the tune settings are good. If you want to step up the a completely different level of control for your truck then that is there also.

There has been a TON of work put forward to bring the Quadzilla tuning know how to the front of the community, the Quadzilla V2 tuning thread has literally been on the first page of the 2nd gen section for the last 6 months. You honestly could not have missed it so I have to call BS on your researching for 6 months.

Quadzilla V2 Testing

It sounds like you called DAP rather than Quadzilla, it is understandable that you didn't hear about the V2 tuning through a vendor.

1/19/17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1YC View Post
well im really wanting to buy a Quadzilla adrenaline w/ Iquad. I had a guy from DAP recommend that tuner so i researched it and it seems like a really awesome thing but i didnt want to throw anything extra at the truck until i know for sure that shes running at full efficiency with out the programmer. eventually i would also like to buy a new 245 horse vp44 so all my parts are correct and match up well. Maybe i just got spoiled on the power of the 6.7 and maybe my truck isnt necessarily slow for what it is. i got passed by an 18 wheeler this morning though and that makes me feel like theres something holding me back. I dont have any gauges which make the diagnostics extremely difficult which is why i got on this site hoping that someone else experienced the same thing and could help me. Im not sure where to go from here but ii guess first thing is to get gauges. Thanks to everyone for all the help.

Again doesn't sound like you talked to Quadzilla about it.
1/21/17
Quote:
Ok so last night I ordered the Quadzilla Adrenaline with iQuad for $674. PayPal let me finance it for $28 a month, 0% interest for 24 months so I couldent pass that up. It should be here by friday and I guess we will see if this thing will give me what I'm looking for.
1/26/17
Quote:
ok so the adrenaline is done and i have to say first off, WOW. at first it would surge really badly around 2000 rpms. Its like i had stock power until 200 rpms and then she would go from level 1-100 with no in between. I played with some custom tuning and i have almost smoothed everything out. Very heavy smoke though. Shes feels bone stock all the wayy from idle to around 1600 and from 1600 to 2400 its a smooth increase of power throughout the band. This is defiantly what i needed. She is BAD to the bone! the max boost i have accomplished is 17 psi and that is pedal to the floor with the boost fooler and no waste gate so im still wondering if there is still something holding me back. This is my first time with a 24 valve but i had a 12 valve before this that was bone stock and with just the wicked wheel installed i reached 35 pounds. any ideas?!

I have been watching your progress with the Quad, so this turn of events is surprising to me. Why not ask for help? I have spent countless hours helping guys out.... just need to ask. What happened on the 26th to make you change your outlook on things?

00 Dodge 2500 quad 5.9 Cummins, DFI 7x.009, he351ve arduino controller, homebuilt 47re revmax 3.5 messed with vb, Quad adr V2, 4",150 gph, studs/sprgs/psh rds
post #19 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 01:34 PM
Diesel Head

Quote:
Who even takes adsvice from someone that talks like you? Thats ridiculous your being such a child because someone said something on the internet you dont like. If im so stupid and everything here should be disregarded then why even comment here? Just leave this thread alone if you have no help to give.
I'm the child throwing a tantrum about a product that would have taken less time to update than making this ridiculous thread.

Sorry not sorry but I do not sugar coat stuff. Never have, never will. I've seen many like you come and go. I've watched the transitions for products for 7 years now. You are barking up the wrong tree jr. Had you asked for help or even done a bit of research on here....there is normally a thread at the top of the page being continually bumped by Nick, Tyler and many others. Had you asked for ANY help on here, you would have been pointed in the direction of how to update the box and potentially the app to "fix" the box.

post #20 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 01:39 PM
Diesel Head

OP did you ever get the V2 beta app for your phone? What tune did you order it from DAP with?

2000 Ram 2500 QCLB-Quadzilla Adrenaline, FASS Titanium 95 GPH, 4 Inch Diamond Eye Duals Donalson M090544, BHAF, MoparMan Crank Case Vent Mod, NV4500 swap, SB3250-6, DAP 7x0.010, 4th Gen Center Console, Optima Yellow Tops, DAP HD Pushrods

FIL - 07.5 Ram 2500 Megacab - Ctrl Alt Deleted/ 97 Ram 3500 2wd dually, remote fuel filter, Jacobs exhaust brake

post #21 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
1YC
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by gh0stman View Post
OP did you ever get the V2 beta app for your phone? What tune did you order it from DAP with?
I ordered it with the 2000 tune

post #22 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 02:06 PM
Diesel Head

When I ordered mine Jkidd and I talked about it and he had the V2 tune flashed on it. And I got with ME and he showed me the phone beta app. Not to hard.

But flashing it over to the new tune and installing the beta app on the phone isn't that difficult. Worst case you can send it to quad and have them flash it.

2000 Ram 2500 QCLB-Quadzilla Adrenaline, FASS Titanium 95 GPH, 4 Inch Diamond Eye Duals Donalson M090544, BHAF, MoparMan Crank Case Vent Mod, NV4500 swap, SB3250-6, DAP 7x0.010, 4th Gen Center Console, Optima Yellow Tops, DAP HD Pushrods

FIL - 07.5 Ram 2500 Megacab - Ctrl Alt Deleted/ 97 Ram 3500 2wd dually, remote fuel filter, Jacobs exhaust brake

post #23 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 02:10 PM Thread Starter
1YC
Cummins Fanatic

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by me78569 View Post
Lots of guys will be willing to buy it from you.

If you do want to resolve your surging issues you might ask for help with your tuning, rather than trying to go about things in this manner. Even the old tunes can be made a lot smoother if the tune settings are good. If you want to step up the a completely different level of control for your truck then that is there also.

There has been a TON of work put forward to bring the Quadzilla tuning know how to the front of the community, the Quadzilla V2 tuning thread has literally been on the first page of the 2nd gen section for the last 6 months. You honestly could not have missed it so I have to call BS on your researching for 6 months.

Quadzilla V2 Testing

It sounds like you called DAP rather than Quadzilla, it is understandable that you didn't hear about the V2 tuning through a vendor.

1/19/17

Again doesn't sound like you talked to Quadzilla about it.
1/21/17

1/26/17

I have been watching your progress with the Quad, so this turn of events is surprising to me. Why not ask for help? I have spent countless hours helping guys out.... just need to ask. What happened on the 26th to make you change your outlook on things?
I did almost have it smoothed out but its still not what i expected. From 0-1600 rpm it acts like it bone stock and then at 1600 it just jerks and takes off leaving a trail of black smoke. Its better than before but still not great. The biggest thing that made me change my mind on everything is daily driving it and testing out every single kind of tune i could play with. then finding out about the v2 stuff which confuses me greatly. I have to download a bunch of stuff onto my old computer and plug in my quad to my computer? The whole things scares me. Im afraid i dont have the equipment to be successful and im scared to ruin my investment for good. i also had another thread about my so ip on my ho not acting right but nothing ever came of it so i bought the tuner because that was the closest thing to an answer i got from the other thread and someone else said at some point that his quad with the ard2000 tune was smooth from the get go so im back to thinking its my truck causing all this but im not finding anything concrete

post #24 of 140 (permalink) Old 02-06-2017, 02:31 PM
Diesel Head

Well why don't we start over and go about this in an appropriate manner. What are your current tune settings? List them all out in this format.

Quote:
Power Levels:
Max Pump Stretch:
TPS Pump Min:
TPS Pump Max:
TPS Can Min:
TPS Can Max:
Timing:
Timing Scale:
Boost Scale:
And you won't "ruin" your investment, it is nearly impossible to damage anything in the flash process....trust me I have done it well over 500 times at this point. While the process might seem daunting it really isn't I could have done it in less than 5 minutes and you could flash ANY quadzilla tune you wanted. comp, dyno, beta, 1000, V2 whatever. Just a small amount of leg work opens up a world of tuning. You have to download 3 things onto your computer, possibly only 2 depending on your windows configuration ( %100 unrelated to Quad) The flash file you want, netframework 3.5 and the installer process which is only there to make your life easier. Once you do that then you only have to have the flash file you want.

Don't worry about plugging it into your computer, it is no different than plugging your mouse into it. The older your computer is the better actually.
crf450ish and QuadzillaPower like this.

The Following User Says Thank You to me78569 For This Useful Post:
QuadzillaPower (02-06-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode