Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Injection pumps

1K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  jigabop 
#1 ·
What kind of injection pumps is everyone running I do believe mine is on its way out its just an so but I've heard good about the blue chips I wanna know what pumps you guys are running how you like them and the best ones for juiced up trucks

#7 ·
Just run a standard SO pump...

Look into DAP for their deals.

Fully agree so pump will perform better than the ninjafied pumps.

#3 ·
im running a bluechip SO with the wire tap stealth plate, 2 year warranty on it (even tapped!)

#5 ·
Go with the cheapest fully rebuilt one with a warranty. only a handful of shops in the states actually have a 815 test bench to rebuild a vp44, so chances are they all come from the same place. the important part is the person selling it to you.

I recommend DAP, bluechip has given some members issues when it comes to warranty and getting a working pump. that and bluechip cost more.

#6 ·
not a fan of the company themselves, but II makes one hell a vp44. not talking about the hotrod, just standard rebuilds in general. my II HO pump runs amazingly well. i think DAP sells their remans for about a grand

#8 ·
Stock SO pump. was wiretapped but after years of rattling around the wiretap became unreliable, so put in a stealth plate.

been tapped and modified since 2008 and over 100k+ miles later on the same injection pump the truck came with. No telling how many miles it had on it before I bought the truck. My guess is original owner did replace it once because it had the in-tank retro lift pump when I bought the truck. I got rid of that and put an airdog150 and liberty module in it years ago back when airdog was still making good pumps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.