Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Truck stalled and couldn't get cranked back up

1K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  jlbayes 
#1 ·
So this morning I crank my truck up and let warm up while I get ready for work. I get in it and go well when I turn out of my drive way I had to leave in a hurry cause I pulled out in front of a car well when I let off the truck stalled and I couldn't get it to fire .... I had to bleed the lines to get it to fire. Couple days before this right after I installed injectors which was last week end I went to pull down my drive way I applied a little pedal to get out of my rut ... As soon as I let off it stalled

#2 ·
Tuner cranked to the max and going WOT then letting off completely?

#8 ·
Let off easy or stab the throttle a couple times. It's normal, and it's not going to stop unless you do as I said. Trust me with 300's it's much worse.

Reactions: 98-24v
#5 ·
Yep bad habit I gotta get out of but ... I didn't relize my tuner was cranked up ... I let my brother in law drive it to the store and I think he was toying with it last night

#6 ·
yup, with 125's my truck would die if i let off too hard. airlocked the VP, the reason i always carry a 19mm wrench in my truck lol.

a good lift pump and solid pressure to the vp44 CAN help reduce the likelyhood of this happening, but its really all in your right foot. what are you running for a lift pump?

#11 ·
are you sure you installed the injectors right? toured the injectors line down first to make sure the crossover tubes where seated good? then the injectors.

#18 ·
You guys act like we haven't done this before :hehe: This has been going on for a LONG time. ^^^^^This guy knows more than the rest of us... I'd listen to him.

Reactions: Russ Roth
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.