Cummins Diesel Forum banner

edge JWA map sensor

2K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Blktegra 
#1 ·
I was given an edge jwa for 98.5-2002 cummins, the map sensor on my 02 is different than the one on the juice so i ordered the adapter but it will take a couple weeks to reach me.
Can i run the JWA on setting 1 or 2 without the jwa map sensor T plugged in just leaving the stock one plugged in?
will it cause issues should i just leave it on stock for now?
im leaving on a road trip and not suire if i will have the adapter by the time i leave i just want to see if the jwa improves my fuel economy.
( aprox 30 mpg hwy right now without the jwa)
thanks

#2 ·
what type of truck was it for originally? 98.5-00 or 01/02?

The edge wont do any good without the map plugged in. the map is what controls pretty much all of the fueling / timing maps.

and you are not getting 30 mpg hwy, use a GPS to track your correct mileage and hand calc your gallons per fillup.

#3 ·
The edge juice module says 98.5 to 2002
And yes my calculation from ltr per 100km to mpg was off I'm getting 24mpg so if I can improve that by a couple mpg would be amazing

#4 ·
Edge has 2 different part numbers for the early vs late trucks. I would call them and see if the unit will actually work with just am adapter or if it will need to be sent in to be reprogrammed for the different voltage vs psi scaling of the late vs early map sensor.

Regardless map values are a party of the majority of the fueling and timing tables so without input the edge really won't do a lot, certainly not efficiently.

#6 ·
Funny thing is when setting it up, even though its broken down into those 2 year categories you still have to select year make and model of truck. And at least on mine it had more options than dodge.

The best thing to do still is call Edge and make sure that the adapter will make it function as needed.

#5 ·
OK I will wait for the adapter I was able to select 02 in the jwa settings but will call them tomorrow to make sure the module will work with my truck
Thanks for your help

#8 ·
I talked to edge tech support today he knew nothing about sending the module in to get reprogrammed from 98.5 to 2002 as long as that's what the module says it will work for those years 2001 and 2002 need a map sensor adapter from edge
You have to select the proper year of truck in the settings on the screen
So I hope my adapter gers here soon

#11 ·
Or they adapted their product. But if the adapter makes it happen I'd be all for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.