Made a little more progress today. I've been gone all weekend with the Wife to the moutains. Tomorrow is time with the kids, so I'm doubing I'll get anything else done. Anyhow, I've got to get more parts before I can proceed now.
The HE351 I picked up was in rough shape looks wise. The wastegate was rusted shut, so after a day of fighting to get it torn down. (Without breaking anything!) I let the exhaust housing sit in some old ATF I had for two weeks. That freed up the wastegate. I then took the housing and went to it with the air rotary tool and a rotory file. I opened up the wastegate to the size of a quarter. (You could open it up a little more)
After that I taped off all the flange sections to paint the housings.
Also while I had the actuator off I drilled out the "rivet" hole so I can adjust the preload on the wastegate.
Another thing you'll need to do while tearing down/reassmbly is remove any of these indicator pegs. These clock the center housing upsidedown to what a 2nd gen needs.
Got everything buttoned back up and together. I left the exhaust manifold at ~45deg, then made the oil intake hole squared off that. Basically imagine the flat surfaces of the exhaust port and the oil inlet as -\ The - is the oil inlet, and the \ is the exh. Then use the wastegate actuator to line it up.
You'll also notice in the pic the ATS plug. Since I wasn't going to be using the factory solenoid, I used one of these to clean up it's looks. The downside is the fact that it plugs off the feed to the actuator. I plan on installing my boost elbow from my HX35 anyhow. So I drilled the housing near the boss to 5/16".
Then I tapped it to 1/8"NPT. These taps can be found at checkers auto, and some Lowes. A good local hardware shop would likely have them as well. I installed a elbow I had laying around just for show.
I've got the exhaust gasket, and the oil return line gasket. So now it's a matter of making a charge air pipe and getting the silicone hoses for it. I'll try to source those parts this week.