1999 dodge no heat!! - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 24V Forums > 98.5-02 Non-Powertrain
98.5-02 Non-Powertrain Discussion of 98-02 Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 02:45 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
1999 dodge no heat!!

I have a 99 dodge cummins I know almost everyrhing about truck. Its blows only cold air and its 20 degrees here. Ive flushed heater core nothing im stumped and it needs to be fixed!! Anyone know or had this issue on 2nd gen before I cant gwt any heat what so ever its runs right at 200 degrees all day.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
silverpearl99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Change the heater core. Check the blend door first.
Old 11-22-2013, 05:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Is there a way to check blend door without tearing into dash? Is it electrical or mechanical? I dont think its heater core I have a hot line and cool line usually when a cores out I thought both hoses would be engine temp "hot"?

silverpearl99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2013, 08:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

if one heater core hose is hot and one is cold you have a plugged heater core. i would try to back flush it first but you might end up having to change it. Both hoses should be hot.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverpearl99 View Post
Is there a way to check blend door without tearing into dash? Is it electrical or mechanical? I dont think its heater core I have a hot line and cool line usually when a cores out I thought both hoses would be engine temp "hot"?

The blend door is electrical. Mine is screwed up, too. I only get all hot, or, all cold. Ir was stuck in the cold position for a long time. Ok, when you live in AZ during the summer. It finally freed up when I continually switched the control from hot to cold. I only get one extreme, or, the other, but it works. It reacts slow, but it still works. It still take a lot of back and forth to get it to respond. Who knows, you might get lucky, too.
The AC guy told me it is accessable from the passenger side. Not sure he knows what he's talking about and I haven't looked, since mine started working. By the way, its been this way for about four years.
Old 11-23-2013, 08:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

my blend door was messed up too somebody before me changed the heater core and something elses cause they took the box out and when they put it back together the a/c evap line was hitting the blend door causing no heat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.