ac/heater blower works some times and sometimes doesnt? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 24V Forums > 98.5-02 Non-Powertrain
98.5-02 Non-Powertrain Discussion of 98-02 Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2012, 04:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
BuiltByWrenchesNotChopStX

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
ac/heater blower works some times and sometimes doesnt?

Just like the title says most of the time my blower doesn't work but when it does its blows properly on all setting from low to high where should I start looking at connection and or wires?
redlining01 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2012, 08:13 AM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

you sure its actually not working? or is it going to defrost vents and you just cant feel it? if this is the case check your vacum pump for leaks and check your vac lines.
99 Sport. BHAF. 4"TB into 7"ss Mitres. BD Sponge. BD Boost Builder. Custom Wastegate Elbow. FASS HD Titanium. ARP Studs. FireRings. ReWorked Head. C.D 100 Stix. ATS Intake. Smoked Lights Allround. Projector Angels. Leveling Kit.
NightMare99 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
www.Mopar1973Man.com

Thanked 3,118 Times in 2,422 Posts
iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Either a vacuum leak because of position problems or blower motor resistor because of speed issues.

Mopar1973Man is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 03:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
BuiltByWrenchesNotChopStX

When it does work all the position work and the controls to go from defrost to foot and both upper and power from low to high also work fine so i guess i should should look at the resistor for the blower itself...?

While doing 80 MPH in traffic!

https://www.facebook.com/redliningdieselracingllc
redlining01 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Bush_242

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
had the same problem, untill yesterday. when i sat in the truck and turned the key on to wait for my fuel prime my fan was blowing on the lowest setting, then when i cranked up the thing just stopped. now i cant get it to work at all so im going to replace the relay and resistor just because they are old, maybe the motor too but that thing was blowing strong as hell last time i took it out about a year ago. just moved to va from florida though, everything seems to be different with my truck up here in the cold. i got some of that sweet bright red spectre vacuum line i think it is, from summit. at like neg 10 deg its still flexible as all get out, so im still working getting all my lines replaced with this stuff. will update later

05 Jeep KJ 2.8 CRD. GDE tunes
mk38tech is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.