Turbo boost pressure sensor or map sensor - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 24V Forums > 98.5-02 Non-Powertrain
98.5-02 Non-Powertrain Discussion of 98-02 Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2012, 07:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Turbo boost pressure sensor or map sensor

My dad has a 2001 dodge cummins 2500 4x4 truck. The truck got to were when you start off at the stop sign and smash on the throttle it just almost dies or more like bogs down then let off the throttle and it starts picking up rpms. only has like 110k miles on it. A guy at a local deisel shop said it was the Turbo boost pressure sensor or map sensor. Has anyone had any dealings with this same problem? Thank you for any input!.
hammerhead309 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 08:12 PM   #2 (permalink)

BPS and MAP are the same thing. It is more than likely that. Is there any codes that got thrown?
flexyford is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 08:20 PM   #3 (permalink)

yes sir. The guy at advance said it was the one for the map sensor but didnt give the code number. Dad ordered one from them but the plug was different. The one on his plugs in with 3 wires top to bottom top is red or orange, then blue, then grey with a red streak in it. We got one there and had to guy a diffrent pigtail for it and wires werent even the same color, just a blue. so the mechanic hooked it up with blue matching to blue and chanced the other 2 and the truck would start of instead of bogging but the turbo would not come in. With the old one the turbo would definetly come in after you got out of the bog and rolling. Thanks for any help!

Last edited by hammerhead309; 03-12-2012 at 08:25 PM.
hammerhead309 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

when my Map sensor went i would lay into the pedal and be at a consistent 1700 RPM until i get up to speed and im lucky if i was able to get to 2000 RPM

replaced sensor and connector and problem solved

01' F350 powerstroke (Want to do common rail swap . I NEED MORE !!!)
MCyrana is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 08:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I wouldn't think you would need to by a different pigtail to get your map sensor to adapt. It sounds like they gave you wrong year as I know my 01 is different from 98.5-2000 and I think the 02 is different also. Get all that crap out of there and start with the right sensor. Unless you meant to say or I read wrong that you needed to replace the end that plugs into it??? That's a different story
01 2500 CCSB, 5 Spd, 4WD, AEM Brute, ATS Manifold, 5"FBD, T&S MVP, BD bar & brace, DiPricol gauges, Airdog II 165, Hellmann fuel sump, Top Gun leveled w/Bilsteins, Valair Ceramic/Kevlar , BTR 4 core radiator, Southbend hydros
SPOOLITUP is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 08:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

well my connector was all corroded out too beyond repair

Old 03-12-2012, 08:50 PM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Np... It was for hammerhead
01 2500 CCSB, 5 Spd, 4WD, AEM Brute, ATS Manifold, 5"FBD, T&S MVP, BD bar & brace, DiPricol gauges, Airdog II 165, Hellmann fuel sump, Top Gun leveled w/Bilsteins, Valair Ceramic/Kevlar , BTR 4 core radiator, Southbend hydros
SPOOLITUP is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 08:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOOLITUP View Post
Np... It was for hammerhead
Well dont i feel dumb!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.