Glowshift gauges? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 24V Forums > 98.5-02 Non-Powertrain
98.5-02 Non-Powertrain Discussion of 98-02 Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 09:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Glowshift gauges?

So I ran across ProParts spek gauges and noticed they have purple lit ones, but the price is just way out of the park for me.

I came across glow shift gauges and noticed they have multiple colors so I went looking for some reviews. A thread on pretty much said they arent that great. "You get what you pay for" is well related to the glow shifts. If they aren't great I'm going with ISSPRO. I mean for a triple a-pillar set its only $160-trans, boost, egt.

Any knowledge on glow shift gauges?
Advertisement

Old 01-01-2012, 10:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

i have the 3 glowshift gauges and they seem to be working fine bud.
Cumminsman1391 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2012, 10:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

I've had 3 installed for over 2 years now and the only one that gives me fits sometimes is the fuel pressure (other 2 are tranny temp and boost). I attribute the fuel pressure gauge troubles to their sending units. If you do get a FP gauge, DO NOT forget to purchase the snubber valve.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2012, 10:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

I have fuel pressure, exhaust temp and boost gauges and as soon as my last auto meter gauge comes in I'm going to donate my glow shift gauges to someone. I won't have another one. As for ISSPRO, I have a full gauge package in my Scout II and it'll be getting an auto meter treatment too. My ISSPRO gauges aren't reliable at all. Maybe I'm just picky.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
2003 3500 QC DRW 2wd 5.9 6spd 4.10; Debadged, Homemade CAI, S&B, Smarty TNT-R, 5" exhaust, Auto Meter pryo, boost, fuel psi, and rail pressure gauges, 5k HIDs, Valair DD, airdog. Tennessee Coal Rollers :peel-out

2006 F-250 ccsb NASCAR edition mostly stock
1979 International Scout II
jtwoodiii is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2012, 10:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Your list of gauges ids incorrect, if you have an Auto you need Fuel Pressure, Trans Temp and EGT'

If you have a manual you need Fuel Pressure, EGT and Boost.

Go with the ISSPRO, get Mechanical FP, then Trans Temp and EGT.
01 2500 5.9 QCLB 4X4 5 Spd, Valair DD Organic, Power Puck, 268K miles ISSPRO Gauges FP, Pyro,& Boost. "A" Pillar, FASS DDRP-02, BIG Line Kit, 18 PSI, 3.55's, Kool Vue Tow mirrors, Bilstien 5100's, Pacbrake, Puke bottle deleted.
rhagfo is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2012, 10:57 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

i have egt. boost, and trans temp. my fuel pressure shows on my edge chip
Cumminsman1391 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 04:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

This is why cumminsforum is beast, learn something new everytime you make a post.

I had never been told til now that a fuel pressure monitor was that important. Wellp it seems like you guys arent having any problems with glowshift gauges so i might get a set. Now one thing lol, can you set the color to glow just one or does it only change as the needle goes higher?
Old 01-02-2012, 10:02 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

I just bought a set Of glowshift and I love them I would say get some no problems so far! And really need a mechanical FP gauge I wouldn't trust that edge
Old 01-02-2012, 10:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

By mechanical I'm assuming its not read through the trucks computer? and directly hooked up to the fuel system.

So it seems like glow shift gauges aren't as bad as I've read, then again ISSPRO isn't as good as I've read. Eh, every product line will always have lemons. Whatever I get will be my first set of gauges so I guess I won't know the difference. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

I have glowshift egt/boost/trans temp pillar pods but read enough bad reviews to run an iss-pro fuel pressure gauge and stuck it on the steering column, I've no problems with anything yet.
'00 2500- II HRVP, RAPTOR 150, ADP FUEL SUMP, ALL 1/2" LINES, 7X.014's, 66/74/14, K&N, PUSHER INTAKE, HEAT DELETE, PDI MANIFOLD, 8" SINGLE STACK, DTT TRIPLE DISC, BILLET FLEXPLATE, ROLLPAN, LEVELED, 35" TOYOS ON 16" VISION ALLOYS
black2000 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Thats a good idea running a high quality gauge for FP. I'll most likely end up purchasing a ProParts Spek FP gauge if they are good. At over $200 a pop they better be good haha.
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.