Raybestos R-300 rotors - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 24V Forums > 98.5-02 Non-Powertrain
98.5-02 Non-Powertrain Discussion of 98-02 Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 03:20 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Raybestos R-300 rotors

I'm doing the big brake upgrade on my '00 next weekend and I'm going with Hawk HP pads. I really like the look and the reviews I've seen on the Raybestos R300 rotors and I was hoping someone here had used them and could give me some real-world feedback on the same kind of vehicle.

And if you're going to suggest something silly, my budget is $450, and pads + shipping have already eaten $90 of it. I've also gotta get caliper brackets and the GM dually wheel cylinders so keep your suggestions under $150, please.
Advertisement

Old 10-06-2011, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
VP Moderator

Thanked 1,366 Times in 1,178 Posts
I don't know about R300 whatever. My cheapest rotors have been on for 100,000 miles and seem to work as well as any.
2008 3500 stock QCLB dually Inferno red. Toys: Fuel injected Rampage, Road Grader, 1586 tractor, 60K genset, Honda ATV, and more. Back in business with a Hitachi EX270LC excavator. The dirt slinging has begun with 50+ acres to clear.
dozer12216 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2011, 06:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

i put on some Raybestos roters and pads don't rember if they where the r300 or not but made a huge improvement over my cheep warped ones lol. just watch out when u pound the studs in the first set had a defect in them and craked around every stud. New ones went in great!
Old 10-08-2011, 10:20 PM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

I have a set of the RAYBESTOS Part # 76920 on mine with the matching pads. Good upgrade if you ask me. I couldn't justify the extra coin for the fancy slots on the R300's.
98.5 3500 QC LB NV4500 4x4 3.55 SRW, DiPricol gauges, BHAF, 4" Silverline, FBD 150's, Edge Comp, Valair 3800 DD, Draw Straw, 1/2" Filter to IP Line, FASS 95HPFP, 2" Leveling Kit, DSS, 35" Toyo M/T, KDP killed 403HP/899 TQ
JSPulliam21 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2011, 10:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
www.Mopar1973Man.com

Thanked 2,992 Times in 2,318 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozer12216 View Post
I don't know about R300 whatever. My cheapest rotors have been on for 100,000 miles and seem to work as well as any.
with Dozer...

Why waste a bunch of money on fancy rotors and brake pads... I finally did my first brake job on mine at 187K miles (9 years later).

But I'm also using a exhaust brake for most of my stopping power. Nice part about a exhaust brake it technically never wears out like brake pads.

But since you on a budget I would just toss on a set of cheap pads and rotor and call it good. Just me... I don't believe in a bunch of this market hype with slotted rotors and different material brake pads. Reason why?! Because you just a everyday street machine... Did you think Dodge put the most expensive pads on the truck when they built. Heck no... Dodge looked for the cheapest thing under the sun... So if most of the people here can pull good mileage out of the factory pads then why jump up and down for upgrades?

Last edited by Mopar1973Man; 10-08-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Mopar1973Man is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 10-08-2011, 11:03 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I refuse to buy crap pads and rotors. Anything I can do to make my stops shorter and more consistent is worth it to me, especially when it's something that has proven itself to me on the racetrack.
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.