how much will it cost me to get stacks installed - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 24V Forums > 98.5-02 Non-Powertrain
98.5-02 Non-Powertrain Discussion of 98-02 Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2011, 03:18 PM   #1 (permalink)

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
how much will it cost me to get stacks installed

i was wondering how much it will cost to get stacks installed and if their was any benefit to having them other than just looks vs a regular 5in exhuast
199824v is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-14-2011, 03:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

iTrader Score: 2 reviews
depends on how much beer you buy i spose lol...most everyone i know does it themselves, is this not possible? pretty straightforward
99 Sport. BHAF. 4"TB into 7"ss Mitres. BD Sponge. BD Boost Builder. Custom Wastegate Elbow. FASS HD Titanium. ARP Studs. FireRings. ReWorked Head. C.D 100 Stix. ATS Intake. Smoked Lights Allround. Projector Angels. Leveling Kit.
NightMare99 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I installed mine its easy, just make sure u have the right lenght of exhaust left to reach the bed, buy a 90 degree elbow, and i put a peice of flexpipe on my 90 and fastened it down so it wouldnt stress the back of the turbo and had my stack welded to my plate and ran the exhaust right in the bottom of the stack, worked good and sounded good, theyre very easy to install if u do it right the first time
ARP 625s, Hamilton 188/220, Extreme Pushrods, 110 Springs, Banks Big Hoss, Banks tubes/Cooler, Flux 4.5s, ED Billlet S472/88/1.0, Big bubba bov, SD Mani, ATS Duals, T&C Wild Rail, Dual Feed, P&P Head, Amsoil Bypass, AD150, T Bars, Mag Hytecs, 20x12 Fuel Mavericks, TNT Revo/EZ, Fluidampr, Valair triple disc, Other supporting mods...796.6 HP on SW7

Boosted diesel Performance
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
CumminsCoal1 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

The first truck I put stacks on, I had Maxi Muffler do it. They charged 450 bucks. The next two trucks I put the stacks on myself. Only takes a couple of hours. I ended up selling them though and putting a full exhaust on. They are just too damn loud.
199824v (08-20-2011)
Old 08-18-2011, 12:46 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

where are you located?

2013 QCLB G56
Letzgoracin301 is online now   Quick reply to this message
Old 08-18-2011, 12:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Diesel Head

My kit costed $600 from summit racing. It comes with everything you need...flex pipe and 90 degree pipe as well. Your better off to do it yourself; its so easy. If I was going to do it over again, i would have cut the hole through the cross member (under the box) so the stacks are closer to the cab. I wasnt sure at first so i didnt end up doing it and now there is a pretty big gap between the cab and the stacks. I bought a "Back Rack" to fill in the gap, wich looks alright.

Last edited by klode; 08-18-2011 at 01:03 PM.
klode is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to klode For This Useful Post:
199824v (08-20-2011)
Old 08-18-2011, 02:27 PM   #7 (permalink)
CF Chapter President

Thanked 4,635 Times in 3,392 Posts
The Hardest part for a Turbo Back exhaust for me was the down pipe from the Turbo, you need like a 4' extension on your ratchet. I would also use a Hole saw to cut the bed. Alot cleaner hole and save the slug cause if your like me, and the stacks got old real quick you can weld the slug back into the bed.
Proverbs 3:5-6.
Psalm 26:1-12.
Psalm 62:1-8

Know Christ, Know peace. No Christ, No peace.
DieselDon16 is offline   Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to DieselDon16 For This Useful Post:
199824v (08-20-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.