Cummins Diesel Forum banner

fuel sending unit part number????

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  littlebuddie 
#1 ·
i have an 02 dodge 2500 diesel. i need a part number for a replacement fuel sending unit without pump. i ordered one from napa the other day and its different from the one on my truck. i think they sold me one for a gas truck.

#2 ·
dsberry,

I went looking for one myself and gave up. I have seen a few in the classifieds....used of course. I decided to get one from Airtex and it had the pump in it. However, I just replaced the pump with a Drawstraw V and just waiting for some time to get it installed. You could look at possibly a fuel module for a liberty (jeep).

oudive

#3 ·
There were two types of modules used in 2nd gen trucks with two different non-interchangeable sending units. If your sender looks like the top photo, it is Dodge dealer part number 4897669AB costs around 70 dollars these days.

If it looks like this one pictured below it's a bit cheaper than the top photo replacement unit but I'm sorry I can't locate a part number but maybe someone else can:

#4 ·
i miss worded that. i ordered the whole in tank set up. not just the sending unit. the sending unit that is on my setup is the top setup with the dodge part number

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.