Edge EZ or Edge Mileage Max? - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 24V Forums > 98.5-02 Non-Powertrain
98.5-02 Non-Powertrain Discussion of 98-02 Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2011, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Edge EZ or Edge Mileage Max?

Hey all,

I think this is the right place to post this?

Anyways, Im looking to get a tuner to increase my fuel mileage. The Edge MM only talks about increasing mileage and the Edge EZ talks about increasing mileage AND helps to keep tranny from downshifting while towing ( plus different power levels that im not really interested in )

In your opinion should I spend the extra cash for the the EZ to be done with it? In your experence does it really help with the downshifting?? I just dont want to be tempted with the power levels and crap out my tranny.. I would prolly just tie it up under the dash lol

Thanks guys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2011, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

I forgot one, what are your thoughts on the Quadzilla M3 MAX Mileage Module?
Once again, Im not looking for monster power. The truck is my DD however I often pull around some toys and my load is like 5k-6500# when I do have a trailer hooked up.
Old 04-08-2011, 12:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

Thanked 1,355 Times in 902 Posts
Maybe a mod can move this to the performance section

I would recommend the ez if you tow, the different settings will allow you to set for mileage or towing. That being said, you will also need some gauges and aftermarket lift pump

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselDon16 View Post
I'm skipping around my shop like alittle fairy!!
"Truck parts are only a text away"
Jesse

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
qracker4lyfe is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

I have the Edge Ez in my 01. It is also my DD, it made a difference when i had a full sander and plow on this winter. I put it in the middle stage so i got a lil more power out of it. i haven't towed with it yet, but i normally do just waiting for work to pick up. So i can't wait to see what it does. I have to say i like it, little improvement in milage and yo can tell the power increase
Old 04-12-2011, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 9 reviews
I would suggest Buying a Diablo Sport PowerPuck, great for DD and Towing, and its only about $175. I bought one four years ago and it works wonders. Then you should purchase a Shift Kit(or vlave body) the increased pressure will also help fuel mileage. Also if you have larger tires that will throw your mileage off.
1998.5 QCDRW - p24v, 4k's, 024's, Mac Plug, 6x.013's, ATS T4 Manifold, s363/68/.83 - HT4B, TunnelRam, BD Intercooler, Hamilton Springs/Push Rods, FirePunk Billet Trans, DPC 3150 TC, PowerStop, IssPro Gauges.
Headcase98002 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2011, 04:25 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

Thanks for the input guys, Ive been looking around and there are more options than i thought there were.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Diesel Head

I had an ez and a juice with attitude, I can honestly say I saw no measurable increase in mileage, any gains noticed were when the EJ/A was on 5x5 (highest setting) and willing to bet very few people have ever seen any mileage gain that was of any value, best gains are with your right foot, and driving habits, that said an EZ is a noticable power increase that will improve how your truck drives, its no so powerful that it will destroy transmissions or out run a stock fuel pump (but you still need a pressure gauge to keep an eye on the fuel)

pick an ez over a milage max
Old 04-13-2011, 02:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

I think the EZ and the MM are discontinued. I was at a 4x4 show this last weekend in Seattle with Mfr. They said they are done with EZ and MM and the new replacement is out next week. I haven't seen anything on the forum. Anyone else have knowledge of this??
2004 Silver QC SW LB 3500 Banks CAI w/ SScoop, 4" Silverline exhaust, 4.10, AUTO, FASS Titanium95, LT285/75/R17 Toyo Open Country A/T, Auto Meter Phantom Gauges Pyro, Boost, TransTemp, 10 2 RD Northern Lite, FastGuns, Browning 9mm
Trouthog is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.