ABS motor keeps running - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 24V Forums > 98.5-02 Non-Powertrain
98.5-02 Non-Powertrain Discussion of 98-02 Topics Not related to the Powertrain...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 03:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
ABS motor keeps running

In my never ending quest to get the ABS and brake lights to shut off I discovered that the fuse under the hood for the ABS system was missing. Simple enough I said, I'll just grab a fuse.

Wrong......went and got the fuse and as soon as I put it in the motor started running. The only way to get it to shut off was to pull the fuse back out.

Do I need a new motor? Where would I get one?
Advertisement

Old 09-12-2009, 08:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

You gotta replace it. Seen this before lots of times at work. They are pretty high but thats
the only fix. Hope that helps.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:26 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Does anybody sell these besides the dealer?
Old 09-12-2009, 10:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Idk to be honest with you bud.
Old 09-12-2009, 10:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

I'd check a junk yard but the nearest one is 50 miles and they don't keep an inventory of the parts they have, just the vehicles. Thanks anyway
Old 09-12-2009, 10:35 PM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

no prob. Hopefully you can find one on the cheap thats good
Old 09-13-2009, 10:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Mine has been unplugged for 3years. No issues yet. ABS and brake light will stay on.
WalkerMike is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2009, 06:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

I don't have any issues with mine other than I can't pass inspection with those lights on
Old 09-14-2009, 09:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
Cummins Fan

Mine started doing the same thing this weekend. After doing some research, I feel like I have the problem narrowed down to the ABS control module (the thin box on top of where the motor that wont stop running is). I unplugged it,and it stopped running. I found out the next day, that it also figures your speed by monitoring the sensors in your axles(?) and averaging the speeds. With that said, my speedometer is no longer functional, nor is my odometer.
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.