Cummins Diesel Forum banner

37x12.5x16 on leveling kit

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  Speedfrak78 
#1 ·
I know i can clear 35's but will i clear 37's on the stock 16 inch rim ? From what i read i should be fine if anything just trim the rear of the front fenders a bit ?

Any help is appreciated thanks !

#2 ·
i can clear 325 60 20'' on my stock 2500. its essentially a 35, but i had to remove a mud flap screw. and ding the front cab corner back 1/8"

#5 ·
Nope. I've run many different 315s on stock rims with a levelling kit. No rubbing at all.

#7 ·
Just adjust your pressure until they run flat across the tread, and rotate regularly. Some tires are wider than others in the same size, so finding a narrower one helps.

#8 ·
Trimming is required and its probably a good idea to get adjustable control arms to push the front axle forward a bit. Im running a 37x12.50x17 BFG A/T on rims with a belive a 4 inch backspacing. I had to take about 2 inches out of the fender to just barely clear with a 2.5inch leveling kit. But that's my truck. I know these things aren't all exactly the same.

#9 ·
I didn't like the rut hopping with 315's on the factory alloys, but up here we have pretty bad ruts in our roads. We put a wider wheel on and it tracked fine after that. I think we had them at the recommended pressure.

#12 ·
I have 33x12.5 on stock rims they ballon out and wear funny.

#13 ·
Probably if you don't mind doing some trimimng/cutting. I'm running 315/70/17(appx 34") on 3rd gens ( 17x8"), no level, and I clear, just rub on the control arms at FULL lock. I'm going with a true 3" level, and extended control arms, and plan on running a 37" tire, but I have no issue with taking a sawzall to my truck to get full clearance and articulation if they don't clear.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.