Cummins Diesel Forum banner

48re in place of 47re in 12 valve, 3 pin connector neutral safety switch issue

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  6.7turtle 
#1 ·
I already have it in all the connectors plugged right in except the neutral safety switch, I have the pigtail 3 pin plug for the 48re transmission and the 3 pin for the 47re on the harness of my truck, my issue is I have to cut splice and join those wires but I don't know which goes to which, they are different colors, I can't get any info no were for this.

Thanks in advance

#2 ·
I already have it in all the connectors plugged right in except the neutral safety switch, I have the pigtail 3 pin plug for the 48re transmission and the 3 pin for the 47re on the harness of my truck, my issue is I have to cut splice and join those wires but I don't know which goes to which, they are different colors, I can't get any info no were for this.

Thanks in advance
have you figured this out or how do adapt a 3pin to a 5pin???!

#3 ·
Isn't there a lot more electronic differences like the OD solenoids and wires. Speed sensor? What about output splines?

#4 ·
no i don’t think there is. doesn’t matter anyway because it will have a anteater on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.