Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Won't stay running when cold

8K views 20 replies 6 participants last post by  hathaway521 
#1 ·
I have a 94 12v automatic 4x4 #100 fuel plate 4"turbo back straight pipe billet converter shift kit. I just put a new block heater in thinkin it would solve my problem but it didn't help. If the temp outside gets under ~40f truck will fire right up after cycling grid heater then after about 5 minutes it'll start running really rough and if I don't pedal it it'll die and sometimes that won't save it. I hear a different possibility from every person I ask and don't really want to spend a lot of money replacing parts I don't need to replace

#3 ·
Def check for fuel lines sounds like its possibly sucking air...does it fire right back up or do you have to crank it a lot?

#12 ·
#19 ·
Check your fuel heater as well. Contacts may be burned out lettin air in. Seals may also be shot and letting air in. Could be any of those but thats a good place to start. The seals are cheap. I ran into this issue a lil while back and that was my issue. I just left the heater off and put the fuel bowl back on

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.