Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Tourqe convertor going out?

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  whatsmokin 
#1 ·
Hi fellas, I'll get right to it. I went to the DMV this morning to get a sticker for my truck. The whole way there the trick ran fine, nothing out of the ordinary. I pulled in the parking lot at the DMV shut it off went inside and got my sticker(this took probably 20min) I come back out jump on my truck and fire it up and put it in reverse and the rpms bogged down to around 300-400 and it sounded like it was gonna die so I three it back up in park and rpms went to around 700 where I have it set and the engine runs fine. I put it in reverse and the same thing happens. So I go ahead and leave and as I'm sitting waiting to pull out on the road the rpms jumped from 300 to 500 a couple times. I start driving and I can tell that something is putting a load on the engine so I roll into the throttle and the truck starts smoking badly. I hit second and same thing. Once I get up to around 55-60 it seems to be fine but I can still tell something is wrong because its just not being itself. Tranny temp never went over 150degrees which is what its been running. I think its the tourqe converter but I'm not 100% sure which is why I'm asking for your guys help and experience. The truck is a 95 auto. Tranny is a totally stock jasper as far as I know. If you need anymore info. let me know. Thanks

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#9 ·
I think it is autoguide, I can't get any links to work. Looks like I'm gonna have to blow the dust off the desktop lol

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#10 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.