Cummins Diesel Forum banner

cheap 12v power?

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  rockin345 
#1 ·
My buddy has an all stock 12v he did the starwheel and pump plate removal on his 06 cummins and put a 24v turbo on it I helped with all of it but now he's saying he spent less than 5 dollars and it's pretty quick what could he have done to make it quicker for less the 5 bucks?

#2 ·
wait what?
he has a 06 cummins with a 12v?????
and to answer your question i suggest you read what you just wrote. because you answered your own question......
he adjusted the star wheel and removed the plate. both of those make it go faster and are free to do.
and i guess hypothetically he could have bought the 24v turbo for $4.99 and poof there you go.
I'd suggest instead of writing this nonsense you just call your buddy up and say " hey bro what did you do to your cummins to make it faster"

its only wednesday save the drinking till atleast thirsty thursday

#4 ·
Haha he won't tell me and my bad a 96 12v but the turbo he got off an old 24v he had and he claims he can make it spin the tires now and he can keep up with my buddy's 06 and we already turned the pump up so I know it can't be thay I was just wondering if there's any other way on these trucks

#5 ·
ok that mkaes much more sense. but for less than 5 bucks its pretty much starwheel feul plate and boost elbow (i think you can make on of your own) those mods are free and can really make a 12v wake up alot.
i mean if he got stuff second hand cheap he could have done more but I have no idea how fast you are actualy talking. if the 06 he is keeping up with is stock it possible he only did the free mods.
its also possbile he fine tunes his star wheel better from when you last saw it

#9 ·
Make it stop :S:

Reactions: Trumpf
#12 ·
I heard if you put gas in your Cummins it goes faster??
I also heard from the same guy that Fairy's are real.

#18 ·
Hot Pistons

Oh,:spank:

SO, if I just turn the star wheel :stirpot: can I melt my engine :hehe: too?

Pray, tell me, what will happen to my Tranny?:banghead:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.