Cummins Diesel Forum banner

47rh wont shift after rebuild.

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  yourbestchance 
#1 ·
okay so i had the tranny rebuilt about 200 miles before it started this problem but it wont shift out of 2nd gear, so i pulled the pan there was a tad bit of metal and some brittle pieces of plastic, so i went ahead and dropped the tranny again... am i lookin at just replacing the forward band??? there was barely any metal i was told that it was normal to see and the plastic must be the housing around the band. correct?? i can grab the band an take it off the 2nd gear piston area pretty much. any help is greatly appreciated while i have it out.

#4 ·
It shifts into reverse just fine, shifts 1st and then to 2nd but it almost feels like its in low gear, when it was rebuilt it shifted great like a dream!

#5 ·
Hmm. The thing that I'm wondering about is the plastic in the pan. There's not a lot of places it can come from. The front band should just be metal and friction material, no plastic. There's a plastic bushing on the back side of the pump that could have broken (which would be weird). Do you still have the tranny in the truck?

#7 ·
I actually pulled the piece out from under the valve body the servo piston fell in my hands and so did a piece of.plastic that was almost hung where the band was it seemed to be curved i.pull.it out but it was so brittle it kept breaking, the piece was about 1 or 1 an half inches long and yes the trans is now removed. When i get home i have a picture i can upload.

#12 ·
looking back on this last post you mentioned something about getting a new servo??? should it not just slid in an out free an easy?? i just slid it back in?? trying to piece every bit of info i have together for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.