Cummins Diesel Forum banner

2006 dodge mega cab hemi to 12v swap few questions

10K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  the mex 
#1 ·
I have a lifted 2006 dodge mega cab 4x4 hemi auto, that is everything I want in a truck but I need diesel. I found a 1994 cummins 12v 5 speed 4x4 with 200k on it. How hard is the swap as what all is needed, as far as fuel, delivery, ignition, and clutch stuff. Thanks for any help in advance

#4 ·
Cut and weld. Haha. How about the gauges? A 12v is like a Chevy 350, it'll run no matter what you put it in. It's your ability that will make everything work like factory. Personally, I would buy a truck that I wanted/needed and sell the gasser.

#5 ·
The truck is paid for, 120k miles,6in procomp lift, power swing down steps, DVD, smmitty grill etc. it's gonna cost me about $10k on top of what this truck would sell for to get a stock diesel mega. If the frame and engine mounts are the same Ill probably try it

#7 ·
I would seriously doubt the engine mounts are the same. If it is anything like the toyota diesel swap I did (and it's probably much 'worse' on an 06), welding in new motor mounts will be one of the easier parts of the swap. That being said, I saw in a 4WD magazine years ago where someone did this very thing, with a bran new Power Wagon when they came back out. Like pyro 690 said, getting a 12v to run in a swap is about the same no matter what you put it in (you can look at all the other brand swap threads). Getting it to run your gauges and look more 'factory' and less 'hack' will be where the work is. I think it would be a cool swap, but I'd plan on several months tracing all the wiring to get it to run your truck. Also, as far as cost , I wouldn't be surprised if by the end your into the swap for close to 10k anyway, unless you can do all the work/fab yourself and you're getting the 12v for free.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.