Cummins Diesel Forum banner

boost out of crankcase breather tube

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  DieselNut123 
#1 ·
I thought I'd start a new thread about this. While I was doing a pressure test on my truck to look for boost leaks, I noticed air was hissing out of the breather tube near the tappit cover. I replaced air filter with a silicone boot that has an abs 3.5'' plug on other end with an air compressor fitting in it. I connected that to air line with regulator set to 5psi. Is this normal to have air coming out of that breather?

#2 ·
When you are doing a intercooler pressure test you have to cap off the inlet tube. There are always valves open or partially open. With an intake valve open the pressurized air will be forced past the rings.

#3 ·
Just posted this in my thread over in performance section where Im dealing with slow 3-2 downshifts and a very hard to tune afc. While idleing I have hazy exhaust coming out of that same breather tube, that doesn't seem right to me?! Bad rings? or valves that need adjusting?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.