Cummins Diesel Forum banner

New forum member with a white smoke question

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Smitty1119 
#1 ·
Driving up to the ol lady's place yesterday I went to merge onto the highway and once I put a good load on the throttle I started getting a good vibration (almost like I was bogging down or i was running out of fuel) and started dumping white smoke. I pulled over sitting at an idle for a sec and it idles just. Fine, tried to get back on the highway and same thing happened. When I ease into the throttle no problems, misses, or smoke. Just picked up a new fuel filter and plan to look for any damaged or really worn fuel lines tomorrow morning. I'm stumped because this only happens under a good load. Going to go through all my wyotech books tomorrow to see if there are any tips on there.
Plan of action tomorrow is to clean the air filter (afe stage 2 coi and intake manifold), swap the fuel filter, and check the lines for obvious damage as I'm wondering if I'm getting air in my lines. Any other suggestions on what to look into? I've got the day off tomorrow so I have all day. Was also going to put a multimeter to my tps... Thanks in advance!
- Smitty

#2 ·
might check the lift pump also

#4 ·
possibly. it sounds like something fuel related. its getting more air than fuel in the mix

#6 ·
#7 ·
Well so far I did an oil change (figured I may as well) cleaned the air filter really well and swapped/ bled the fuel filter. Gunna take it for a road test and see what's what. Took a look at the supply lines but there's no over abundance of wear, they've been replaced with rubber lines already.

#8 ·
Fixed. Deleted the fuel heater, new fuel filter, cleaned air filter, oil change, and really cleaned up the pre filter, and swapped one hose out. Running like a champ now! Now my next question is, has anyone ran a line going straight from the tank to the filter and bypassing the heater assembly all together?? Thanks again for the write ups everyone!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.