Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Pulling injectors, Advice on covering the holes in head

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  timesublime 
#1 ·
I am about to pull my injectors to send in as cores for a new set. Does anyone have a good way of covering the openings in the head where the injectors go while I wait for the turn around time?

Also, should I just reconnect the fuel injector lines, or cover the openings on the P-Pump?

#2 ·
Lint-free rags/towels? Depending on where your truck will be sitting (outside in a dusty area or in a clean, closed garage).

#3 ·
The truck will be outside. Here it is very windy, so that is why I am afraid of dust etc. getting in the head/bore.

#5 ·
Pay the core charge. Then get the deposit back when you send in your old injectors.

#7 ·
Best idea yet! Thank you.

#8 ·
Your best bet if you have the cash is to order your set pay the core charge then after you install the new ones send them your cores for a refund. Most companies have this option.

#9 · (Edited)
I'd do a helix weld inside the injector holes, then drill em out when the injectors come.

:p

#11 ·
And here I was thinking I should pour some thermite down the holes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.