Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Pump mod thread

1K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  natemoses13 
#1 ·
Is there a thread out there that lists all of the possible pump mods? I have searched but can't find anything. I would think by now someone has a complete list of possible p pump mods.

Here is what I know about:
Afc tuning - star wheel and low boost screw
Fuel plate
Rack plug
Delivery valves
Overflow valve
Gov springs kit
Washer swap

Any others I can add to this?

#3 ·
You're kidding right? I guess you missed the part where I said I had searched? Have you even read that thread yourself? I've read through it at least 3 times looking for more info but its not thorough. If you have something helpful to offer, try again.

#5 ·
I included more p pump mods in my short list than that thread contains altogether. It's a great thread for newbies, but I'm looking for the pump mods beyond normal. Someone's gotta know.

#7 ·
You'll come to learn that past normal tweaks to the pump people don't just hand out information.

#8 ·
Any reason for that? Seems selfish, and forums are here to help others. I have always found cumminsforum to be very helpful without too much bs.

I want the info for myself and I figure it will be helpful to others in the future. If there is a complete list here then those who care to do the work can simply search for the links to do them. I do so much searching on here and it's the FIRST thing I do before starting a thread. If anyone has any further pump mod info, I would be grateful for it.

#11 ·
And you can get custom cams for the pumps as well. Aftermarket quick rate cams etc. or swapping a 215 pump cam in a 160 etc....bigger delivery valve holders, and maybe valet switch too? Not really performance but I know I love mine.

#12 ·
I have searched but can't find anything. I would think by now someone has a complete list of possible p pump mods.
If you aren't part of the solution you are part of the problem. Put together a good list and perhaps it will become a sticky.

#13 ·
I am doing my best to fully understand these 12v's, but I'm still relatively new to them. Perhaps one day I can do a comprehensive thread about the mods, for now this will be a good thread to find in a search.

Thanks for the replies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.