Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Engine wire harness ?

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  96v10tocummins 
#1 ·
Ok bought a cherry 95 v10 truck and am going to put a 12v in it. The question I have is the engine wire harness specific or will a 94 to 98 one work with the trucks 95 pcm ?

#2 ·
I am not sure. Look at Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market and see if the harnesses interchange. In the old days junkyards had a hollander interchange manual that told what parts fit various vehicles. As that site is a nationwide junkyard search engine it should let you see if there is a difference or not. It also has the potential to find a cheaper harness that you need.

If you look here you have an excellent chance of getting the right part at a fairly reasonable price. He is in Canada and only parts out the 2nd gen diesel trucks.
LANGTON ENTERPRISES

Reactions: rpage
#3 ·
PM me if you need a 95 harness I have a truck we are Parting out PCM and all is there .

#4 · (Edited)
I just did a 96 v10 to 94 12 valve.I stuck with the 47 rh out or the 94 since the 96 had a 47 re. Some of the plugs were different, a/c low pressure switch,4x4 light switch,and tail lights. I used the 96 tank but changed the sender out of the 94 tank and ran rubber lines (went from regular cab to crew cab),put second battery box in. Rebuilt engine and trans. Works great and was an easy swap. I had to shorten the driveline 5" and have a new front driveline made 5" longer due to the 47 rh being longer than the 47 re

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.