Cummins Diesel Forum banner

95 cummins fuel system help

2K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Megacab530 
#1 ·
Ok well i have a 95 cummins that i just did a brand new head, head gasket,studs on and i got everything torqued down to specs and got the fuel system bled and got the truck started. This is where im stuck. I was letting the truck idle in my driveway for about ten minutes while i was bleeding the ps pump and the truck started started running on a few cylinders then died. I thought maybe it still had a bit of air in the lines so we tried to re prime the fuel system and in the process i tried to see if there was fuel in the main filter and there wasnt. So we put 8psi to the fuel tank and cracked the bleeder on top the filter and never got anything not even air . So i thought maybe clogged fuel lines. So i took them all loose and blew air threw them then tried to prime again and nothing. So i pulled the pump and heater to check them and they were fine i replaced the pump while it was out just for peace of mind. So i got the system bled and have fuel to all cylinders and it still wont quite fire it wants to but wont. Any thoughts? And input would be appreciated

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#4 ·
I had a similar problem for months, it would hard start and sputter and die unless I gave it some revs until it warmed up and then it would be fine unless it sat for a while and then it would repeat. In the end it was the lift pump, as soon as I replaced it started and ran as it should. Not getting any fuel at the filter via blowing air into the tank would lead me to believe you have an air leak in the supply line to the lift pump. I would also remove the heater, as it is a known source for air leaks and not needed.

#8 ·
Well i pulled the sendin unit again because i tried to see how much fuel was coming out with air and it was barly a dribble so i pulled the screen and the black deal thats under the screen and got way more fuel so now were in the process of rebleeding it all hopefully it works this time

#9 ·
When you cleaned the fuel unit in the tank did you take it apart ? Besides the strainer at the bottom of the unit there is a second strainer inside the unit that might be holding trash .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.