Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Suggestions on a 47rh valve body upgrade kit?

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JL12valve 
#1 ·
Looking to buy a upgrade/rebuild kit for my 47rh valve body. Need some advice on which kit to buy though;dtt kit or transgo? I like that you can order the billet band and anchor with the DTT kit and the fact that they seem more legit than the transgo. But the transgo is cheaper. Another factor which would be easier to install including factors like do I need to take the whole tranny off, if so I'll wait. I have plenty of experience with mechanics so that won't be a problem. The price is what gets me on the transgo but in most cases you get what you pay for.:confused013:
Thanks

Also if any of you have pics of the build on either kit please post them!

#2 ·
I would recommend buying a pre built valve body. you can swap them out without removing the transmission. Youtube should provide an adequete source of info on that. I did the transgo. Its fine and dandy but when she goes, I will probably buy a revmax towing valve body and the performance rebuild kit.

If you've never really worked on stuff that requires good attention to detail this might not be where you wanna start.

#4 ·
I have a 47RH valve body that is stuffed full of transgo parts, plus a sonnax throttle valve, and some spare parts like bushings, etc., that I would be willing to sell for $150, and I'll even pay shipping to someplace in the lower 48 states.

The valve body did not work -- build incorrectly because all my parts, carefully laid out on the bench, got scrambled between disasembly and reassembly. But, they are all there and all new, having only been installed, tested, and removed.

Remember, the core, prepped for the transgo kit, is worth something (like the total $150 cost) so this is actually a bargain.

Let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.