p7100 fuel pressure - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 94-98 12V Forums > 94-98 Powertrain
94-98 Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 09:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
p7100 fuel pressure

My girl friend has a 95 12V, (see my signature for mods), we are running her fuel pressure guage off of the top of the stock fuel filter. She has a raptor 150 lift pump. Once we installed the guages the fuel pressure is only reading 12psi at idle, and when you stand on the throttle it reads almost "0". My questions are 1) What is the correct Idle, and WOT fuel pressure she should be showing. 2) Can I achieve the correct pressure with turning up the fuel regulator on the raptor lift pump?

Im not to savvy with the 12 valve engines, but the motor is pretty decently built and I would think it needs a lot more pressure than that.
thanks for the help.
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2012, 09:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Sasquatch

iTrader Score: 1 reviews
The P7100 is designed for 35 PSI, some people have had better luck running 40-45 PSI. The factory lift pump usually puts out around 20-25 PSI at idle and up to 35 PSI under load, that's if the rest of the fuel supply system is up in good running order.

I'd first check to make sure the overflow valve is the correct one needed for an electric lift pump, Tork Tek sells the one needed for an electric lift pump. The fuel regulator adjustment might work if that's the problem, but this could be related to a bad overflow valve or something else in the fuel supply system.

Joe G's fuel system writeup
Old 09-03-2012, 10:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cummins Nut

You might have a restricted fuel filter
dieseldemon is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Diesel Freak

Sounds to me like Either a pump for a 24v truck or a bad over flow valve.. The over flow valve can be moddified with a pen spring.. But on my 175 pump i had i ran 60psi.. 160 and 175hp pumps are known to have a lazy cam which does allow adequate fill of the barrels. If they dont fill all the way then you lose lubrication in them which can make plungers stick or crack a barrel. Neither are an easy fix.
92 W250 single cab, Billet 47re, Modified 180 pump, 26* 0 plate, full cuts 5x16's 5k's 165lb. valve springs, 188/220, ported head, HX52 67/71/16, ATS manifold, 2nd gen intercooler and radiator, traction bars, Airdog II 165 & dual feed 569/1058 at 45psi
levi_plummer is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2012, 11:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Silensor Ringz

Are you using a fuel pressure gauge isolator?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.