My Tork Tek adjustable OFV review - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum
- HOME - FORUMS - GARAGE - TECH - ARTICLES - CHAT - CLASSIFIEDS - REVIEWS - VIDEOS - MEMBER MAP - STORE - INSURANCE -
- REGISTER - CALENDAR - INFO - SITE HELP - RULES - STAFF - MEMBERSHIP - ADVERTISE - CONTACT US -

Welcome to the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum, the fastest growing Dodge Diesel Community on the internet.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us
Go Back   Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum > 2nd Gen. Dodge Cummins 94-98 12V Forums > 94-98 Powertrain
94-98 Powertrain Discussion of components that are directly involved in the power production and all that is needed to get and keep the truck moving . Engine , Transmission Ect...NO ADVERTISING

CumminsForum.com is the premier Dodge Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

Auto Insurance

» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-26-2012, 07:03 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
My Tork Tek adjustable OFV review

Whats up guys? Ive had my truck for 4 years now and ive been getting the mod bug here lately. I figured id start with the simple stuff first and then work my way up. I decided to buy the Tork Tek adjustable OFV. Well, i am surely glad i did. It took about 30 minutes to install (like a dummy i bent the line so i had to bend it back which is the reason it took so long DO NOT BEND THE LINE TO GET IT IN OR OUT!!!!!!!). I havent put much miles on the truck since i installed it. The few miles that i did drive was a MAJOR improvement on the truck. Taking off from the line is 100000000x better than with the stock OFV (mileage unknown on mine, could be original). Before when i hit the gas on take off it was like Lag, lag, lag, lag lag and about 1700 RPM it would take off. Now when i hit the gas (not even WOT) it just takes off. I also had an issue when i hit the gas and let off fast the truck would damn near stall out and the rpms would drop, that problem seems to be cured as well. I am so impressed with this product i wanted to share it with those who HAVENT put one on their truck yet. The best 50 bucks ive spent on the truck so far. Just thinking about it makes me want to go drive the truck, it was a totally different monster and my truck is all stock except for a billet TC and rebuilt transmission. For those of you that havent heard of this product or need to know where to get it TORK TEK CUMMINS ADJUSTABLE OVERFLOW VALVE OFV010 - Tork Teknology

Thanks,
Johnas
96 12v, ECLB, KDP KILLED! 5'' straight, 3kGSK, #100, afc mods, Fuel, Pyro, Boost gauges, Fuel heater MIA, TorkTek adj OFV, GM 1 ton, Dacco billet TC, Kevlar bands, billet accumulator, billet 3 piece servo, HD band strut, BW solenoid and TransGo TFOD

Last edited by Shadow7g; 07-26-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Shadow7g is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 07:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,103 Times in 1,568 Posts
I would say the Tork isn't better than a stock OFV but it's better than any OFV that isn't working right which is what you had.
Stock for one day
illflem is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 04:06 AM   #3 (permalink)
Diesel Head

So I didn't see any mention of the fuel pressure. Did this not require adjusting to set your fuel pressure?

I just stretched my spring for the time being. Took it to 0.650" overall length.
Truckless: searching for rig #5
flubyux2 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 07:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

I went through a similar process, didn't know about the spring streching possibility. Installed guage, found low pressure ( 7-15) ordered an ofv from a different vendor. Cheaper though. why waste money. Installed it, maxed my 30 pound isspro. woops should have ordered the 60. Which I did. pressure slowly went down over the few days it took to recieve the new guage. ( 14-20) replaced lines cleaned filters, throughout the system. finally ordered the TT adjustable valve, and the pressure is back to where it is supposed to be. It has stayed there and I suspect I'll get a lot of mile out of it. For the OP, read the newbee posts and get your guages started so you can keep your truck going as long as possible.
Old 07-27-2012, 09:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

No gauges to tell at the moment. Those will be next. I just ordered the transgo shift kit, sonnax billet accumulator, the patc billet servo, hd band, and borg warner pressure switch and new oem pressure sensor so my budget is low right now

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
96 12v, ECLB, KDP KILLED! 5'' straight, 3kGSK, #100, afc mods, Fuel, Pyro, Boost gauges, Fuel heater MIA, TorkTek adj OFV, GM 1 ton, Dacco billet TC, Kevlar bands, billet accumulator, billet 3 piece servo, HD band strut, BW solenoid and TransGo TFOD
Shadow7g is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 11:29 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

did your tork teck comewith a ball and spring i just received my and all i got was the banjo fitting and 2 gaskets
97 4*4 4 inch exhaust no muffler or cat cpp 4gsk 60lbs valve springs 100 plate 024 dvs sac 5x16 injectors tuned afc volant cold air fass 165 gph pump isspro gauges hamilton cam 62-65-14 over s475 ar 1.32 arp studs tork teck 50hp rack plug sitting on 35 mickey thompsons
racerfreak is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 11:40 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cummins Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by racerfreak View Post
did your tork teck comewith a ball and spring i just received my and all i got was the banjo fitting and 2 gaskets
Did you get the adjustable one? The ball and spring should be inside the banjo fitting
1995 2500 auto, tuned afc, #0 fuel plate, air, tabbed kdp,180 pump swap, afc spring kit, #4 governor spring kit, 21* timing, fullcut dv's, 120. holders, rack plug, oversized fuel lines, 60/65/16, 120hp injectors, 60lb valve springs, water meth
dieseldemon61 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 03:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Cummins Enthusiast

no its the 50 hp one no spring and ball
97 4*4 4 inch exhaust no muffler or cat cpp 4gsk 60lbs valve springs 100 plate 024 dvs sac 5x16 injectors tuned afc volant cold air fass 165 gph pump isspro gauges hamilton cam 62-65-14 over s475 ar 1.32 arp studs tork teck 50hp rack plug sitting on 35 mickey thompsons
racerfreak is offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.