Cummins Diesel Forum banner

looking a 94Ok

849 views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Sestric25 
#1 ·
Ok i went to look at a 94 that my buddy is selling and its got 135000 miles with auto trans he has made me one heck of a deal on it. but it wont go in O/D??? and he has put a torque converter lock up switch in it, it runs darn good locked. is this hurting it?? not sure how well the trans does with it off. hes got a fuel plate in it and fuel turned some. should i walk away from this? thanks for info

#2 ·
i guess i put this in the wrong spot or something??

#3 ·
Idk much about autos but tell us some more about the truck like how much it is 4x4 and is it clean. Often reasons people sell their vehicles can be easily corrected. My PO hated how hard my/his truck started, well maybe thats cuz it idled at 500 rpm haha.

#4 ·
well the engine runs strong starts good when its jump off truck has been sitting for a couple months. The reason he is selling because he has three cummins trucks and many other toys and he knows im in need of a truck. its 4x4 the only spot thats beat up is one bed side but not bad and windsheild got small crack. salvage title though he dont know why??? interior in good shape. he is ask me to give him $5000

#5 ·
5k is a bit high, i paid 5k for my 97 with 150k on it in great shape (minus the service bed) but other than that if its the 47re trans i would be super cautious of any mods done to it. its a pretty sensitive trans. right when i bought the truck that was the first to get rebuilt (personal prefrance) but i have heard of lock out issues on that trans. also im still a newbie but if i am not mistaken thats the 12v right? if so ask him if the KDP has been replaced/fixed if not this is a very common issue with these motors here is a great link within the forums... http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/9...708-kdp-damaged-case-repair-instructions.html i hope that this helps! and good luck with your buy!

#6 ·
one heck of a deal is no where near 5k for that truck, maybe 3500 for it

#7 ·
especially with a salvage... personally i hate low ballers... but you should offer at VERY MOST 3k but then again... the truck market out here in CA is different then everywhere else... do some research look up that truck via craigslist or even KBB like i said i know its a friend but still at the end of the day your pocket book will be effected in the investment not his.. he will be skipping to the bank! as would I lol.

#8 ·
well you all have very good points.. but i have looked all up and down east coast and have found none like it for this kind of money i dont really want an auto so ill prob do a swap if i have to get an auto. if you all can find one for right money ill take it and not one for 300,000 miles for $8000. i know about kdp and yes its a 12 valve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.