Cummins Diesel Forum banner

hum somthings fishy here????

874 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Wet_Thud 
#1 ·
about three weeks ago i was on way home from servicing my truck and i disided to get on it at the mile corner, so 110 mph and 65+ lbs later i pulled into town and lo and behold i have steam and collent all under the hood and down the side of the truck but the temp gauge was normal not hot and it all came from the cap. so i filld the radiator and didnt think twice about it. so 1 week later i was under the hood checking the fluids the oil was a bit low but not bad but when i checked the antifrezz it had engine oil in it. so i sucked out the oil the best i could. its been two weeks sence then and i check everything every couple days and i havnt lost any oil or gained and ther isnt any more oil in the antifreze nor lust any what u guys think about this problem.

#4 ·
Yep-you may have slightly stretched the head bolts under that kind of boost and caused the gasket to seep slightly. I've personally done it myself on a 440 chrysler-it would turn the plugs in one bank green from coolant, but only on the nitrous. Then it would do it without spraying it if I just romped on it, then I replaced the bolts with arp's and never had a problem again. I think pretty much the same thing is happening to your truck. Fix it now and you won't hurt anything.

#6 ·
Hum something fishy? Okay, will do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.