Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1994 Rear drum removal ???????

1K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  jcw74801 
#1 ·
Got everything to do my brakes tomorrow , Do i need to pull the axels out to get the drums off or do the drums just pull off like my 98 ? :confused013::thumbsup: Thanks guys :thumbsup:

#4 ·
Sweet its not like my other old dodge sxels then :party018::party018:

Thanks guys

#5 ·
Might have to heat up around the hub if they havent been off for awhile. I had to use a weed burner, then put on lots of anti seize when i put them back together

#6 ·
OK this is from someone that has done it and it works. After rear wheels are off and you find the rear drums are stuck, put two lug nuts back on w/o tires. Start engine let it idle in gear, so rear drums will spin, slam on brakes. If you didn't put the lug nuts back on the drums will fly across the garage and do damage.

Floyd

#8 ·
:rof

And, don't be a complete idiot like myself, and forget to release the e-brake, then sit there heating, banging and head-scratching before that dim little light bulb appears...

#11 ·
Hmmm. I like the lug nut idea. It takes a while for the drum to quit thrashing around the garage destroying stuff. Only the R/H side came off. My L/H side don't spin...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.