Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Two Wire Connector

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  blackimpala 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi Everyone, Thanks for any help ahead of time. Truck died at inlaws last night when I got ready to haul all the Christmas goodies and family back home. Real Nice. Anyway it turns out it was a bad connection at the battery that needed a little jiggle. Looked at again this morning and when I touched it it broke in half. I'm wondering if anyone knows where to get one of these two wire connectors (other than Dodge, because it is Sunday). See the attached picture. Thanks again for any help.

#3 ·
Looks like the grid heater relay wires...?

Anyways, yea you can just use any ol crimp/solder end. If it is indeed the grid heater wiring, dont get too carried away with cutting the wire back or replacing the whole thing as they are actually a fusible link, not just regular wire!

#4 ·
Thanks ykdave & Enigami. Looks like I have more trouble than I thought. The entire battery post connector is shot. This is the soldered connector to the battery post that takes all of the extra wires as well the ones I was dealing with (fuel solenoid I think) plus others. Too many wires at one connection! Does anyone know what size cable this is on the positive post driver side battery? Also does anyone know of a good replacement battery connector for this jury rig setup Dodge has created?

#6 ·
Thanks again Enigami, but I'm either not explaining the problem correctly or maybe I should start a new post. The connector that needs to be replaced is the main one to the engine (ie: the main wiring harness). I can remove the bolt, but thats not going to do any good, because there is essentially no lead left on the connector to tighten the bolt against. I am looking for a connector to replace the existing one that has to be cut off at this point. I should probably be looking at entire replacement cable harness, but I know I am not going to like the price of that. Maybe I should start a new thread...

#7 ·
if your terminals are that bad then replace the terminals also. You can find them at your local parts store. just make sure you get "big rig" or "big truck" terminals as normal car terminals dont have enough room for the large gauge wire our trucks run. Should be nice and easy. I did my battery terminals about a month ago. Advance Auto had em in stock.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.