Cummins Diesel Forum banner

37 12.50 16.5 military tires

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  simplysmn 
#1 ·
Hey guys. Merry Christmas. I was wondering if there was anyone on here that was running the 37 12.50 radial military tires for daily use? I think they look good and I love the price just wondered if they will last at highway speeds, how do they drive? Any Info would be appreciated.

#2 ·
Lots f guys around here running the... they are great for what they are worth (dime a dozen compared to anything else)

But, as far as taking it offroad, they are a typical 16.5... craptacular! You have to be conscious about them and try not to knock the damn things off the bead! (or run beadlocks)

#3 ·
I've run them with beadlocks, and with split rims. With beadlocks they are awesome when you air them down, they grab just about everything. Didnt do to bad with snow either, not the best i've ever run but they were decent. I would run them again if some happened to show up on my door step to be honest.

As far as not using a beadlock, i havent heard anything but trouble. My buddy had a set on his jeep and he was having trouble keeping the bead seated. On one "trail" run we did we went through two cans of starting fluid getting them back on.

#6 ·
They handle fine under load and wear pretty good average wear life on the 1's that I have run were about 20,000 hwy miles on a good high tread set

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.