Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Trucks cuts off/ runs bad at 1/2 tank

951 views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  saltyfly88 
#1 ·
Well guys this is recent problem that just started. My truck was fine , no issues with the fuel gauge or anything. Once the fuel gauge is at about 1/2 tank the truck will stall of try to stall. It has a fass 150, so I checked the pickup tube, I cant see anything there. the truck still has the factory lift pump, Is there any way that could cause a problem? thanks JIm

#3 ·
Your sucking in air from somewhere I would bet. X2 on SheGot. I would get a new pick up hose.

#5 ·
Alot of people do the lift pump delete when they run an AirDog or FASS system. That subject is kinda contraversial however. Some say dont some say do. I say if your going to put one in take the Carter out because if the FASS fails for whatever reason, the carter is going to have to suck fuel through the FASS and its going to make life harder for the stock pump. But to each their own. Personally I dont see reason for the aftermarket fuel systems till your over 500+, but thats just me.

#6 ·
Are you sure the fuel gage is working fine? Mine has been reading wrong for quite a while. When my gage reads 1/2 full, I am actually empty.

:flag:

#10 ·
An air leak in the tank pickup or leak a in one of the metal lines on top of the bell housing will cause low tank air suction problems.
Use a Vulcan Drawstraw and/or run hose all the way from engine to tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.