Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Allison wanted!!

2K views 25 replies 16 participants last post by  v8440 
#1 ·
ANYONE KNOW WHERE I CAN GET THE T1000 FOR MY TRUCK?:confused013:

#3 ·
its a name thing i guess... :confused013:

Just because its an allison, it must be as strong as an a4000 :rof

In all seriousness, its really not a worthy swap. In the end, just like the dodge trannys it still needs 6k worth of guts to hold some power, not to mention what its going to cost to do the swap in the first place. Albeit in the end, its likely going to be a stronger trans, but for the cost you could buy 2 pretty pimped out 47RH/RE's!

Now, if a guy were to get a good tranny for free, have connections for parts and lots of time... :stirpot:

#4 ·
the trans bolts right up. the only swap/adapter id need is for the transfer case. and if you think its just a mane thing i can garentee it would be 10xs the trans i have now which is built tough as it is.

#7 ·
I'll wait for the next thread of "Allison rebuild/upgrade parts wanted". :S:

You realize that you're not gaining much of anything out of the box with a stock allison. You're going to need the same upgrades a 47RH/RE needs. But then again, what do I know, I only have owned both...

#6 ·
Well you sig line doesnt need much of a trans anyway. There are plenty of D-max guys that have had reliabilty issues with the Allison. You can spend around $4-6k on upgrading the Allison trans.

Keep in mind of all the little things that will add to the cost too. trans mounts/brackets, flexplate/flywheel, cooler lines, harness, stand alone computer etc...

After all this is done, do not ever expect this trans will perform like it does in the D-max, the D-max has many sensors, inputs and outputs, systems like tow/haul, engine braking, traction control, manual shifting. It would be another feat in itself to try to involve these features if its possible at all. Even after all the conversion I would not expect the shift timing and quality to be anything to get impressed about. Its not like a 12V has a single sensor on it that the Allison cares to see.

You would be ahead by having a built 47/48RE, you could even pick the best T/C and put every billet piece in it for less hassle and money than the conversion.

Reactions: cummin-in-oc
#9 ·
Ill be willing to bet if you called Allison they would hook you up with a "badass" tranny:stirpot:

#11 ·
Ya. Get one from an M1 tank. Acording to the commercials they are the same:rof

#10 · (Edited)
I think he is a member on here, cant remember his screen name but he is a chevy guy but has a 12v for sled pulling and daily driving also, he put an allsion in his truck, but it was like a stage 4 build not even close to stock, but ill dig up some info and and let you know, he could tell you everything about the swap and help you out.

http://www.cumminsforum.com/forum/member.php?u=28324 that is the guy, but no posts on here about it they must be on compd

Reactions: cummin-in-oc
#13 ·
some of the high-po chevy guys gave up on the alii's and swapped in built 47rh's.... just so ya know.

just cuz it says allison don't mean its the bomb proof unit DESIGNED to survive in a rock truck

#14 ·
thanks to all but one useless reply. so far this site sucks cus everyone is a know it all prick.....just my .02 (hahah funny huh?) no why cant everyone just post real info on the subject at hand or just shut up? cus really yall just pissed me off and now i want to do it just to prove you wrong.

#17 ·
Reactions: Wet_Thud
#15 ·
In case you didn't realize there was a full page on people telling you real world info and how impractical it really would be...but by all means prove us wrong, no ones stopping you only trying to help you pass up on a huge time and cash spending adventure...have at it bro

#16 ·
LOL

Another 'i dont want to hear anything other than what i want to hear' kind of person...

If your so dead set on the damn idea, then go for it, the grass is always greener on the other side. If it takes you wasting a boatload of your money, than so be it. Good luck in your ventures.

#19 ·
thank you to whiskeyrider. you just said i would be a retard to do it but at least you had some valid points that went with it. so is there not an allison that will bolt up? buddy of mine said there is one from an old gmc bus that will bolt right up? he has alot of info on it and if i ever get my hands on it ill put it up here

#20 ·
the one your thinking of is the allisons that were used on buses with the 24 valves. at least that's the only one i've ever seen used with the cummins and my guess is that its huge. which comes to the point of good luck finding one in good shape. don't know if it will bolt up to a 12valve. you also have to account for the t-case front and rear driveshafts mounting it etc. if you do it and do it reasonably priced than maybe this will have some gravity to it

#23 ·
Einstein said:
...it may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dinglearm to reduce sinusoidal deplanaration...
Ooooouuuuch, my head hurts, how does he keep a straight face through that entire thing???

#25 ·
I vote...most awesome thread ever!! I mean this thread bleeds awesomeness!!......................:hehe::rof:hehe::rof

Turbo Encabulator...chit why not!! I have one in my Dodge works great!!:thumbsup: Better than an Allison:stirpot:

How'd those guys keep straight faces:hehe: Stringing random "techy" sounding words together...that vid is pure win!

#26 ·
To the original poster: You've been told what you need to know. One particularly knowledgeable poster went to the trouble to dig up links to other sources to help you out. Contrary to what you said, he did not even imply that you would be a retard to do it. You interpreted it that way all on your own.

You obviously are not pleased with the conclusion you've been led to. That's not the fault of the people giving you the information. Yes, there was some joking during the process, but not at your expense. Many here are aware of the limitations of the allison 1000, and this is a dodge forum. Expect lighthearted jokes. Getting buttsore and calling people pricks will not get you much extra help.

My suggestion is this: Go ahead and build it. Jump in with both feet and get started-you know what goal you want to accomplish, so get the process rolling.

Reactions: WhiskeyRider
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.