Cummins Diesel Forum banner

stalled??

610 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  4320diesel 
#1 ·
so i was coming home from about a 30 mile drive and i come up to a stop sign and the truck idled down like normal, and then once i was stopped the tach went crazy up and down, i lost oil pressure and it stalled. i got it pulled over and looked for an oil slick, nothing no oil out of the top of the engine either. also no smoke of any sort out the tailpipe. so i started it back up and drove home w/ no problems. the only other thing i noticed is that sometimes when its cold and you blip the throttle it makes a different sound, hard to explain. so if anyone has any ideas i would appreciate it thanks

#3 ·
After 30 miles you should have been plenty warmed up.

I'm thinking you have an electrical problem, most likely a bad ground.
Make sure your main grounds from the batteries are clean and tight on both ends.

This type of problem can also be caused by loose wires under the steering column cover.
Dodge cheated on the length of the wires and they tend to get pulled loose from their connectors.
A failing key switch will cause the same symptoms.

#5 ·
yea when its cold and you try and rev it a little the engine gets a shot of cold air and it mis fires a few times, or at least mine did (my 6.2 and both my john deere tractors do it so im assuming its totally normal).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.