Cummins Diesel Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

12Vs TOP SPEED

37K views 44 replies 28 participants last post by  Killjoy 
#1 ·
Whats your top speed in your 12v cummins ? mine is 80mph, (4.10 gears, bullydog 4inch turboback, S&B cold air intake) :party018:

#5 ·
What are you saying? Get the sh!t outta your mouth!

Never have never hit top speed in my truck, got 3.54's and 5k governor springs, im thinking its gonna be over 120, but that really gonna wind her out

#6 ·
I would say 80 mph sounds about right for stock governor springs and 4.10's. Remember, mine will turn a little past 3000, and it has 3.54's. Any truck with 3.54's and normal size tires will go that fast at 3000 rpm. Taller tires would have you going faster, but the speedometer would still read about 120. Shorter tires have you going slower, but again, the speedometer would read the same as it did with stock tires.

Reactions: ram2500saba
#12 ·
Truck in sig I have hit 90 mph and could have picked up another 5-10 mph?

#13 ·
'Bout 105-110. 3.54, 35"s, 3200. The wife asked if my water pump going bad had anything to do with it. "Oh no, honey. They just wear out." :rof

#16 ·
I've let off around 100 and it still had a bunch more in it. These tires aren't exactly intended for that kind of driving and it didn't feel especially stable.

#22 ·
No idea. I have a lot of fun up to 80 and then my Commercial License starts burning a hole in my pocket. It has a ton left in it but I'm not about to find out :S:

#24 ·
i can hit 125 mph with 35s and 3.54 gears but thats all shes got in her lol and surprisingly it rides really smooth.

#42 ·
Standing on the pedal, 69 mph is the fastest I've been able to go on flat land. I was able to go 80 down a steep grade Georgia overdriving it. Now I'm concerned as to why it's so slow, haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.