Cummins Diesel Forum banner

Wont start solenoid clicks

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Emberstopper 
#1 ·
Today after work I go to start my truck I turn the key, cycle the grid heater, then turn the key to start, then lights out... All power is lost in the truck lights go out everything... :confused013:I examine the fuses in the cab they all look fine. I look under the hood at those fuses... I swap the ignition switch fuse out and notice the red power wire to the fuse distribution block is loose so i tighten and get power back. But truck still will not turn over. I switched to solenoid with another one and still no luck. I tried jumping the truck as well and that didn't help the problem. I wrapped on the starter with a wrench that didn't help. :S:

I've done some reading on the forum and seen that the starter contacts could be a problem, also the ignition switch, and the neutral safety switch. I just think it was odd that all the power went out when I turned the key to start. Where do you think I should start? Thanks

#3 ·
I wrapped on the starter with a wrench that didn't help.
Thanks
You do that to much or to hard your going to crack the internals and give you a bigger problem.

#5 ·
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm going back to the truck with some tools today and it will be light out so i can actually see what I'm doing. I hate the time change! I'm going to order those contacts from Geno's Garage I see them as a upgrade anyway. I'm going to get two new battery's as well as they are weak to begin with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.